AVS Forum banner

821 - 840 of 3141 Posts

·
Registered
3,315 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I received my n950 today and after switching from the k950 I am extremely happy. The hissing from the rears is gone (it was minor before but it was always there), even set to the default of zero the rears are louder and more distinct than the k950 and the new side speakers make a big difference. I tested the Vudu app and threw Ready Player One on, Atmos over ARC is working and so convenient. I downloaded the DTS:X demo someone linked previously, threw it on a flash drive and played it through my 4k bluray player and that worked great too.

I'm not connecting mine to the internet, firmware out of the box is working great so no need to tamper and cause issues.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I received my n950 today and after switching from the k950 I am extremely happy. The hissing from the rears is gone (it was minor before but it was always there), even set to the default of zero the rears are louder and more distinct than the k950 and the new side speakers make a big difference. I tested the Vudu app and threw Ready Player One on, Atmos over ARC is working and so convenient. I downloaded the DTS:X demo someone linked previously, threw it on a flash drive and played it through my 4k bluray player and that worked great too.

I'm not connecting mine to the internet, firmware out of the box is working great so no need to tamper and cause issues.
Glad you like it so much better than the K950. Watched Jason Bourne in dtsx and battle ship in dtsx the whole amazon jack Ryan in atmos, and iron fist. All looked and sounded great . Good idea to wait on app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

I got my N950 last weekend. I was initially very happy with the purchase until I noticed a constant humming noise coming out of the main soundbar. It is very low, but it is there all the time when the main unit is plugged and I can definitely hear it when the room is quiet or in quiet passages of a movie.
I tried other power cables, unplugged everything else, plugged the soundbar in another room... The faint humming noise coming from the left speaker is always there. The rear speakers are dead silent though.
I contacted Samsung and they quickly suggested to take it for repairing but the logistic process is such a pain... that I wanted to ask here if someone else has the same issue, to make sure that it is not normal and that it is worth taking that heavy box to repair.

Thanks for your input :)

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
Hi everyone!

I got my N950 last weekend. I was initially very happy with the purchase until I noticed a constant humming noise coming out of the main soundbar. It is very low, but it is there all the time when the main unit is plugged and I can definitely hear it when the room is quiet or in quiet passages of a movie.
I tried other power cables, unplugged everything else, plugged the soundbar in another room... The faint humming noise coming from the left speaker is always there. The rear speakers are dead silent though.
I contacted Samsung and they quickly suggested to take it for repairing but the logistic process is such a pain... that I wanted to ask here if someone else has the same issue, to make sure that it is not normal and that it is worth taking that heavy box to repair.

Thanks for your input :)
m
Hi this early in the game I would exchange it rather than go through the hassle of a repair

·
Registered
162 Posts
So is there anyone here that has received their soundbar from Samsung that directly ordered from Samsung? I think it's ridiculous how long it's taking to ship the soundbar when I preordered back around Aug 17 or so while other retailers have already shipped the soundbar.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
So is there anyone here that has received their soundbar from Samsung that directly ordered from Samsung? I think it's ridiculous how long it's taking to ship the soundbar when I preordered back around Aug 17 or so while other retailers have already shipped the soundbar.
That’s why I cancelled my preorder from Samsung and ordered last wed and got it last Saturday from best buy

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nope.. postponed from week of 2nd Sept to week of 12th Sept. No signs of shipping yet. CS guys have no idea when they will have stock..they keep saying your order is backordered.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I would guess that this is a feature more intended for the n850, giving virtual rears for a bar that doesn't come with rears. It's probably why there's no real mention of it in the n950 manual.

UnfoldingSquid - it appears that you have the same setup I am currently looking at - the 75Q9FN and the N950...

Is the color of the N950 the same as the Q9FN? Or is it a little darker...?

Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Glad you like it so much better than the K950. Watched Jason Bourne in dtsx and battle ship in dtsx the whole amazon jack Ryan in atmos, and iron fist. All looked and sounded great . Good idea to wait on app
I started watching Jack Ryan today, I was very pleasantly surprised that the Samsung TV app for Amazon Video supports Atmos!

·
Registered
771 Posts
UnfoldingSquid - it appears that you have the same setup I am currently looking at - the 75Q9FN and the N950...

Is the color of the N950 the same as the Q9FN? Or is it a little darker...?

Thanks!
It’s a little darker, but doesn’t clash at all.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Getting my N950 tomorrow. I ordered online on Sunday so it took little more than 3 days. It cost less than the Samsung site. I almost bought the K950 and saw that I wanted the 'N'.
Best Buy did give me a labor day discount.
I'm eager to try it out. Good to know Samsung app for Amazon supports Atmos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to clarify and amalgamate everything that has been said about Atmos through ARC being DD+.

I mentioned before that I have the LG C8 which is Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos and HDR capable and can send Atmos through HDMI ARC to the soundbar. I understand that what you are saying is that the C8 will not send lossless quality Atmos to the soundbar but rather Dolby Digital+ which while I may not be able to fully appreciate the difference IS a downgrade in audio quality.

Question 1 and 2:
So for my Xbox One X which also supports Atmos/Vision/DTS:X/HDR I have it plugged directly into the Soundbar, does this guarantee I will get lossless quality Atmos/DTS:X? Will I be also passing through the best Dolby Vision/HDR video quality to the TV through the HDMI ARC between Soundbar and TV? Or do I need to run a separate HDMI cable directly to the TV for the best image?

Question 3:
What device would I need to buy in order to enjoy both lossless quality Atmos/DTS:X to the soundbar and best quality Vision/HDR for streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon (when the title supports it)?

Kind Regards,

AJ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to clarify and amalgamate everything that has been said about Atmos through ARC being DD+.

I mentioned before that I have the LG C8 which is Dolby Vision/Dolby Atmos and HDR capable and can send Atmos through HDMI ARC to the soundbar. I understand that what you are saying is that the C8 will not send lossless quality Atmos to the soundbar but rather Dolby Digital+ which while I may not be able to fully appreciate the difference IS a downgrade in audio quality.

Question 1 and 2:
So for my Xbox One X which also supports Atmos/Vision/DTS:X/HDR I have it plugged directly into the Soundbar, does this guarantee I will get lossless quality Atmos/DTS:X? Will I be also passing through the best Dolby Vision/HDR video quality to the TV through the HDMI ARC between Soundbar and TV? Or do I need to run a separate HDMI cable directly to the TV for the best image?

Question 3:
What device would I need to buy in order to enjoy both lossless quality Atmos/DTS:X to the soundbar and best quality Vision/HDR for streaming platforms like Netflix and Amazon (when the title supports it)?

Kind Regards,

AJ

I know the second question can be answered by the first with the XBOX One X but I am unsure if the console does the same as the TV and sends things in DD+ instead of losless, so any other devices you guys recommend that can do the above would be appreciated!

·
Registered
78 Posts
U cant get lossless Audio from any streaming platform because no one sends it. They all use DD+ due to bandwith i think.
The Xbox should be connected to the bar directly cause it can send lossless Atmos for movies and games which support it.
Im not quite sure though if the xbox is already compatible to Dolby Vision.

Dont get why u guys are not using the ATV 4k. For me its the best streaming device out there and the final release of tvos12 will fully unlock dolby atmos(ofc just DD+)
Apart from that the itunes store has the largest Libary of 4k/DV Content and soon atmos.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Think about canceling my Order now. Wating since ober a week now :-(

So yeah sad there is no real alternative or is there?
You could cancel your order and do what several others on this thread have, get it from Best Buy. Some of the Magnolia stores actually have them in stock, or you can order from them and have it within a few days.

Reactions: dreaux
821 - 840 of 3141 Posts