AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if you all remember my thread from like 1-2weeks ago but here it is if you want to refresh your memory...lol... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...250&highlight=

I said I got rid of my burn in because I ran the dvd for many many hours and since I didn't see it no more when I used the all white screen or the white wash sweeper features that are built into the plasma HOWEVER I noticed that when some shows/commercials showed alot of white backgrounds I still saw it and I was a bit confused so I noticed some rather interesting things when I started to test stuff, I'll explain

I stared and stared at the white wash and the scrolling features and I could not see the burn in at all even when I gave my eyes time to adjust to the screen brightness.

Then I downloaded several all white computer wallpaper backgrounds and viewed then on my plasma and guess what? I then saw the burn in and I also noticed that viewing the wallpaper then quickly switching to the built in features that the plasma has wasn't even really close to the pure white background,it was like a hint of gray to where it's really an off-white.

So why would Samsung do this? Maybe it's just me but I feel it's so customers won't see it as good.

BTW..before anybody says"just turn the brightness/contrast up" and then run the built in features,well there is a problem with that because the built in features on my specific plasma has locked in settings when you run these tools. You can turn the brightness and contrast down to 0 where the whole screen is black and as soon as you run the tool it automatically has it's own setting and can't be adjusted and it doesn't matter if you turn all the setting all the way up or down. It doesn't effect the built in tools.

I'm kinda upset because I thought it was completely gone but since the built in tools aren't pure white it's hard too see it .

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
you can run the scrolling feature with the picture set to Dynamic mode and it will be brighter and whiter(or bluer). run it in movie mode, and then dynamic mode, i bet you will see an obvious difference. i do on my set.

·
Registered
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker /forum/post/16957012

The proper spelling is "sneaky". I have no comment about the rest of your post.

When he competes in the spelling bee, I'm sure he'll give you a call.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts