AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I will be purchasing a new TV soon and am looking for what everyone thinks would be the better choice between the Samsung JS9500 & Sony XBR65950B? Is it better to go with the Samsung 10 Bit panel & HDR compatibility? Does the Sony have a better processor? It also seems that the Samsung is less expensive over the 2014 Sony.....any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....

·
Banned
6,246 Posts
Hello All,

I will be purchasing a new TV soon and am looking for what everyone thinks would be the better choice between the Samsung JS9500 & Sony XBR65950B? Is it better to go with the Samsung 10 Bit panel & HDR compatibility? Does the Sony have a better processor? It also seems that the Samsung is less expensive over the 2014 Sony.....any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.....
Js9500 is better that 950b according to reviews out. One site said it's the best LED they ever seen this applies to 2014 models so ya beats it and has HDR and expanded colours due to 10 bits and quantum dots

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
The samsung has these 3 advantage intangibles, one connect box for upgrades, HDR, and it's cheaper. But for this expensive of a purchase, you need to go see them in person and then decide. Go find a best buy magnolia store and check out the 950b.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Js9500 is better that 950b according to reviews out. One site said it's the best LED they ever seen this applies to 2014 models so ya beats it and has HDR and expanded colours due to 10 bits and quantum dots
9500 has hdr which no content at the moment and will be limited for a bit when it is released. people seem to forget how high end the 950 is. it already had expanded colors due to triliminious already gets extremely bright. and has the deepest blacks any lcd has at the moment ( a weak point of the 9500) and the 950 is a 10 bit panel too which MOST forget

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
The samsung has these 3 advantage intangibles, one connect box for upgrades, HDR, and it's cheaper. But for this expensive of a purchase, you need to go see them in person and then decide. Go find a best buy magnolia store and check out the 950b.
500$ isnt a whole lot cheaper. and i promise you if you go into BBY and say someone quoted you 6 grand (which was the lowest selling price of the set) they will drop it for you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9500 has hdr which no content at the moment and will be limited for a bit when it is released. people seem to forget how high end the 950 is. it already had expanded colors due to triliminious already gets extremely bright. and has the deepest blacks any lcd has at the moment ( a weak point of the 9500) and the 950 is a 10 bit panel too which MOST forget
Thanks for letting me know about the Sony having a 10 Bit display.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have looked at the 950B in person and love the picture. I do like the idea of the Samsung having the one connect for future upgrades....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
id say wait till the 9500 is released and see both. i personally prefer the 950b but thats me. the 9500 will be live everywhere by the 22nd
Thanks....my father just purchased the 850B and loves the TV. Also and thoughts on authorized vs non authorized dealers. I did get an attractive quote on the 950B from a dealer that gets great reviews, but they are not authorized.

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Let's assume the 950b has better blacks(we haven't see the 9500 so technically can't compare yet). The 950b has better blacks.

The js9500 is
-cheaper,
-has one connect upgrades,
-better motion (the 950b has last year's motionflow 960, the js9500 motion is greatly improved over Samsung's top model last year, ---does HDR
- fully 4k blu ray capable.

Would u be willing to sacrifice a little on the blacks to get the other features? The black levels I'm sure will be very acceptable, a js9000 owner says his new tv holds its own against his F8500 plasma and that's an edge lit version of the 9500, so it certainly won't be "bad".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let's assume the 950b has better blacks(we haven't see the 9500 so technically can't compare yet). The 950b has better blacks.

The js9500 is
-cheaper,
-better motion (the 950b has last year's motionflow 960, the js9500 motion is greatly improved over Samsung's top model last year, ---does HDR

Would u be willing to sacrifice a little on the blacks to get the other features? The black levels I'm sure will be very acceptable, a js9000 owner says his new tv holds its own against his F8500 plasma and that's an edge lit version of the 9500, so it certainly won't be "bad".
I certainly thought about throwing the JS9000 in the mix especially for the price difference.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts

The js9500 is
-cheaper,

hows is 6500 cheaper than 6 grand? better motion than what? the hu9000? its better motion than there previous sets not better than all other companies alittle blacks? ALot of blacks . and the blacks are no where near the f8500 lol. keep in mind ray works for samsung or is utterly obsessed to an unhealthy lvel go see both sets for yourself in person

ps ray if we wanna play the GIMMICK card. the x950b comes free bundles with the sony 4k media center which gives you alot of free 4k content off the bat and gives you access to all of sonys media library so you can actually watch your tv to the full extend where the samsung comes with nothing

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
hows is 6500 cheaper than 6 grand? better motion than what? the hu9000? its better motion than there previous sets not better than all other companies alittle blacks? ALot of blacks . and the blacks are no where near the f8500 lol. keep in mind ray works for samsung or is utterly obsessed to an unhealthy lvel go see both sets for yourself in person

ps ray if we wanna play the GIMMICK card. the x950b comes free bundles with the sony 4k media center which gives you alot of free 4k content off the bat and gives you access to all of sonys media library so you can actually watch your tv to the full extend where the samsung comes with nothing
1st of all Mr sony, the js9000 owner owned TWO sony 900bs which has the EXACT same motionflow 960 and he is saying the js9000 owns the 900b in the motion department with its improved motion so if u wanna call him a liar that's your own prerogative.
He never said the JS9000 blacks matched his plasma he simply said the js9000 is closer than other edge lit tvs. I agree to see both tvs in person I said that earlier, but having the best black level doesn't automatically make it the better tv, there are other variables believe it or not.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

Reactions: fatuglyguy

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
1st of all Mr sony, the js9000 owner owned TWO sony 900bs which has the EXACT same motionflow 960 and he is saying the js9000 owns the 900b in the motion department with its improved motion so if u wanna call him a liar that's your own prerogative.
He never said the JS9000 blacks matched his plasma he simply said the js9000 is closer than other edge lit tvs. I agree to see both tvs in person I said that earlier, but having the best black level doesn't automatically make it the better tv, there are other variables believe it or not.

Actually Mr samsung i prefer Pansonic more than anything :p the 900b has mediocre black levels as well no where near the x950b as well as its motion again is no where near as good . not calling him a liar dont twist my words. im saying the f8500 has deeper blacks the 9000. he maybe overal more happy with the 9000 than the 900b but that has nothing to do with EITHER the 9500 or the 950 as there all completely different sets.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually Mr samsung i prefer Pansonic more than anything :p the 900b has mediocre black levels as well no where near the x950b as well as its motion again is no where near as good . not calling him a liar dont twist my words. im saying the f8500 has deeper blacks the 9000. he maybe overal more happy with the 9000 than the 900b but that has nothing to do with EITHER the 9500 or the 950 as there all completely different sets.
I actually was looking at the 2015 Panasonic sets, but I don't think my DLP will hold out until July-Aug. 😔

·
Registered
17,447 Posts

Well the js9500 and js9000 have the exact same motion as does the 950b&900b so I think it's a pretty fair comparison in that area. A win for the samsung in this area :p so have u seem the js9500 yet in store or still not set up?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts