AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 13191 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
***OFFICIAL** 2015 Samsung 4K SUHD JS9500 Series TV Thread

This thread is for owners of Samsung's new SUHD TV's. I got mine on March 12th and people from another thread wanted a dedicated thread.
I have the UN65JS9500 model and so far it looks amazing.
However I'm still working out some bugs, any help would be appreciated.
One issue is getting chroma 444 to work on a PC. I'm using 980 GTX's. The FOX chroma test is giving me unclear text when viewed in paint full screen. Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

65JS9500 Owner
Questions about the JS9500? Information Summary can be found HERE or for those using 100 posts per page, HERE.100

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Reactions: EmmaDarknet

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Ok, title has been edited to JS9500. I was able to do it myself.

Edit: Strike that. It only changed the title of the first post. How do I contact the mod?
Someone posted the fastest way to get a response is to report your own post by clicking the triangle thing under your name. Then fill out the reason for reporting, as you want to change the title. You also owe us pics and a short review as first official owner. :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone posted the fastest way to get a response is to report your own post by clicking the triangle thing under your name. Then fill out the reason for reporting, as you want to change the title. You also owe us pics and a short review as first official owner. :)
I posted in the Forum Operations Center. I seen other name change requests there and the Administrator responding. I think the triangle is for spam type of stuff.

I don't think any picture I could post could do this TV justice. It's true when they say "You'll have to see it for yourself." It's bright, clear and colorful. The blacks are very good. The cablebox controls are lacking with no way to have a favorite channel list (when using a cablebox). Sometimes I have problems with my remote pointer function not working. A smarthub reset fixed this last time but may have to do it again. So to recap, the picture is the best of the best but the controls need a little work.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen :D

Reactions: tazz3

·
Registered
4,389 Posts

·
Vendor
32,458 Posts
Ok, just for you. Proof that I read your post. :)
We got our ins, can not wait to get the review in on this beast. We will see where it stacks up against the 2014 Samsung units and the Sony XBR-65X950B.

will be waiting for your findings Chris,hopefully sooner than later.
Should be real soon ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody. I bought this television a few days ago because I'm a fan of Samsung products, interested in ultra high definition entertainment, future proofing and cursed with early adopter syndrome to the detriment of my wallet.

Anyways this TV is admittedly mind blowing. Coming from 1080p Samsung this looks so freaking good. I've spent most of my time devouring 4k content on YouTube and various other places and can't get enough. Sorry I can't get into too much technical detail but there are some good posts from professionals elsewhere. The colors are great and I'm still fiddling with settings that work best for my viewing setup. The TV is mounted nicely on the wall and I'm really enjoying it so far. Honestly it's a breeze to "cruise" the net with this TV which I haven't experienced thus far. The smart remote is great also.

I do have some issues though. There is no Netflix through the smart hub. I've been told they are working on this and we will get uhd Netflix soon. Amazon instant videos new uhd services (which appeared to go live literally last night) audio isn't working through my surround sound which is annoying. There seems to be connectivity issues in terms of the Internet off and on. However these all seem like software glitches that should be worked out over the coming weeks but am wondering if any other owners have been bumping into frustrations like this? Lots of money for a product that is working sort of.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Hey everybody. I bought this television a few days ago because I'm a fan of Samsung products, interested in ultra high definition entertainment, future proofing and cursed with early adopter syndrome to the detriment of my wallet.

Anyways this TV is admittedly mind blowing. Coming from 1080p Samsung this looks so freaking good. I've spent most of my time devouring 4k content on YouTube and various other places and can't get enough. Sorry I can't get into too much technical detail but there are some good posts from professionals elsewhere. The colors are great and I'm still fiddling with settings that work best for my viewing setup. The TV is mounted nicely on the wall and I'm really enjoying it so far. Honestly it's a breeze to "cruise" the net with this TV which I haven't experienced thus far. The smart remote is great also.

I do have some issues though. There is no Netflix through the smart hub. I've been told they are working on this and we will get uhd Netflix soon. Amazon instant videos new uhd services (which appeared to go live literally last night) audio isn't working through my surround sound which is annoying. There seems to be connectivity issues in terms of the Internet off and on. However these all seem like software glitches that should be worked out over the coming weeks but am wondering if any other owners have been bumping into frustrations like this? Lots of money for a product that is working sort of.
Which model number do you have?

1 - 20 of 13191 Posts