AVS Forum banner

8361 - 8380 of 13101 Posts

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Well that's dumb. Stereoscopic 3D is awesome and I use it on my Samsung all the time, from hundreds of hours worth of 3D Blu-rays to most PC games I play, I play in 3D. It is a killer app and I wouldn't have bought the TV if it didn't have it. I'd rather watch a 1080p 3D movie than a 4K 2D one.
It's only dumb if a significant portion of their customer base feels that way. I don't know the answer to that issue (I only know that I used 3D a couple times on the F9000 and none on the JS9500). However, I'll bet that Samsung sampled the issue and believes including 3D isn't cost effective.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I tried a little sleuthing around but even using a picture matching tool could only find around half a dozen websites that had used that photo that were using it to promote the Samsung TV. Probably custom pieces for staging their advertisement.

But I did find this site that has some pretty nice stuff along the same style -- see attached thumbnail for example from the Hulsta Elea II Living Room collection...

http://hulsta-usa.com

If having black glass on the top is something you'd like that should be a simple add on. My wife and I have had semi-smoked glass cut to fit locally to put on all the tops of our tables in the guest bedroom so we don't have to beat them if they were to scratch the wood surface or leave a watermark.

Attachments

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts
Picture Settings Guide Update

Hey my fellow forum friends,

For those of you who might be interested,

This past week, I've further updated/revised my "Picture Settings Guide" adding additional information to some of the sections and clarifying others.

Just click the link above (or in my signature below) if you want to check it out.

Note: The information provided in that post is only meant to be a "general guide" to help and assist users in adjusting the picture settings on their TVs. It is not meant to replace a proper "professional calibration", nor is it about "sharing" calibration settings.

:) :) :)

Richard

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Hey my fellow forum friends,

For those of you who might be interested,

This past week, I've further updated/revised my "Picture Settings Guide" adding additional information to some of the sections and clarifying others.

Just click the link above (or in my signature below) if you want to check it out.

Note: The information provided in that post is only meant to be a "general guide" to help and assist users in adjusting the picture settings on their TVs. It is not meant to replace a proper "professional calibration", nor is it about "sharing" calibration settings.

:) :) :)

Richard
Love your guide and have used it succesfully to fine tune my ancient 2014 UHD sets.
:grin:

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Reactions: King Richard

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts
Getting mine tomorrow.....this will be my first massive tv purchase ever. Nervous.........

Any tips? HALP Richard

Make sure you have really comfortable seats.

And whatever you do, don't drop it!

:D

Richard

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just purchased this bad boy coming from the 65hu8850 was wondering if it will mount on the same tv stand i have my hu8850 installled any help appreciated

·
Registered
122 Posts
Is a professional calibration worth the money? Geek squad wants 250 and a local company wants 350
Pay a professional. Geek squad is a ripoff and support your local businesses. They're probably paying those geek guys $10 an hour to fake a calibration on an otherwise close OOTB already nice screen. A pro will dial it in and maybe even give you a day mode and night mode. Well worth it. Haven't done it myself but thinking about it.

·
Banned
277 Posts
just an FYI.

if anyone gets a UHD player, KEEP HDMI COLOR OFF!!!!

the picture loses a ton of color and blacks turn crappy too.

multiple samsung owners (myself included) are reporting sky banding with these UHD blu rays.
I'm hoping someone finds the magic settings for it to look good. The thought that the 9500 flagship Samsung and the K8500 Samsung wouldn't work perfectly with each other is just insane.

·
Registered
17,091 Posts
I'm hoping someone finds the magic settings for it to look good. The thought that the 9500 flagship Samsung and the K8500 Samsung wouldn't work perfectly with each other is just insane.
oh it looks friggin awesome!!!! just some sky banding. but the colors/contrast/blacks just destroy the MGO version!!

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
just an FYI.

if anyone gets a UHD player, KEEP HDMI COLOR OFF!!!!

the picture loses a ton of color and blacks turn crappy too.

multiple samsung owners (myself included) are reporting sky banding with these UHD blu rays.
HDMI color "on" is for 8 bit 4K/60 4:4:4 or 10 bit 4K/60 4:2:0 or 4:2:0. "Off" supports up to 8 bit 4K/60 4:2:0. Are the movies 60 fps or 24?

8361 - 8380 of 13101 Posts