AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the Rtings review for the new 2015 Vizio M and Samsung JU7100 55" 4K TV's. They both scored pretty similarly, save for motion blur, of which the Samsung had a significant advantage. Is the Sammy really worth the extra $700 over the Vizio M? There has to be something else I'm getting other than the better motion blur. And if I'm not, is it THAT much better for playing video games to make it 70% more expensive???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I read the Rtings review for the new 2015 Vizio M and Samsung JU7100 55" 4K TV's. They both scored pretty similarly, save for motion blur, of which the Samsung had a significant advantage. Is the Sammy really worth the extra $700 over the Vizio M? There has to be something else I'm getting other than the better motion blur. And if I'm not, is it THAT much better for playing video games to make it 70% more expensive???
I can only speak to the Vizio. Bought the 70M last week. Returned today because I couldn't handle the motion blur. I must admit that I'm a plasma guy that has watched plasma only for the last 6 years or so. The PQ and black levels were very good overall. Can't say that I was unhappy with anything other than motion processing. The color wasn't as good as my 51F8500 but that was expected. The next TV on my list is the JU7100. Having said that, if I could find any 64F8500's at close to retail, I might buy 5 of them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I picked up the M70 last Friday and it is going back within the next few days or week to Best Buy for a 75ju7100 or 78ju7500. I know these are priced higher, but the motion and soap opera effect are just plain bad on the Vizio. To be honest I haven't had a ton of time to tweak it and I am going on vacation Saturday morning for a week, so I probably won't get intimate time with it. I was hoping for something better, but coming from a plasma, it isn't even close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm glad you asked this question bc I'm in the same boat. Looking for a great gaming TV, and 4k would be nice as I set pretty close to the TV. From the replies above, I see that the 2015 M series just isn't going to cut it. Now I'm stuck between a 55" JU7100" or the 60" Sony W850B. The Sony has better motion blur, lower lag, and is 400 cheaper for 5" larger!

·
Registered
522 Posts
The current 1.06 Vizio M firmware has a bug where SOE is still enabled even if disabled. The only work around is to turn Game Low Latency on, but that disables Film Mode.

Having upgraded to a 65" Vizio M (2015) from a Plasma, I can live with it until it gets fixed. I play PS4 on it all the time and don't have any issues that I can see. Witcher 3, Bloodborne, and now Batman Arkham Knight all look great to me.

I played around with the Tizen OS at Best Buy and just couldn't love it. That's what lead me away from Samsung from the get-go this year. Their old system was much more user friendly IMO, and yes my plasma was a Samsung so I would know. There is also the whole argument of FALD vs. Edge-Lit.

Try one, then the other. That's the best way for you to know. That's what a return policy is for :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts