AVS Forum banner

7981 - 8000 of 10439 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What I would give for an ignore function...... Always suspicious when I just don't know what is right and wrong, better or worse and have to be told what is. And here I was all happy my TV never looked better and I could get at least a little HDR material from Amazon.
Lol, me too! I thought I was helping people save money. Who woulda thunk I should have not done this to my TV? :D

I guess I will remove the links from my signature because I foresee a ban coming if I don't.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
What I would give for an ignore function...... Always suspicious when I just don't know what is right and wrong, better or worse and have to be told what is. And here I was all happy my TV never looked better and I could get at least a little HDR material from Amazon.
Well today's your lucky day! :D

In the upper right hand corner you will see a link called User CP which stands for User Control Panel. If you click on the link you will see a column on the right hand side that includes a bunch of options including one called Edit Ignore List. Click on that and up will come the Ignore List where you can add the member names who's posts you want to ignore.

I have included a thumbnail picture for your convenience. :)

Attachments

Reactions: tampa8

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Anyone for a spot of tea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, you don't have anything stronger to offer? :D

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Well today's your lucky day! :D

In the upper right hand corner you will see a link called User CP which stands for User Control Panel. If you click on the link you will see a column on the right hand side that includes a bunch of options including one called Edit Ignore List. Click on that and up will come the Ignore List where you can add the member names who's posts you want to ignore.

I have included a thumbnail picture for your convenience. :)
Ok, you made me smile. :D

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Reactions: tampa8

·
Registered
107 Posts
These are a couple of small but annoying things, and I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions.

I frequently watch movies on my 7100 from a 128GB USB flash drive, and I group the movies into sub-folders according to genre. When I delete folders from the flash drive, the next time I insert the drive into the 7100's miniConnector, those (now ghost) folders continue to appear on the 7100's screen in the flash drive's contents list. How do I make the TV understand that these directories no longer exist?

This is a similar problem. If I rename a flash drive that has been previously inserted into the miniConnector, the 7100 continues to list the flash drive in the Sources as follows: it lists the flash drive under the previous name as Ultra(1) and the flash drive with the name changed as Ultra(2). I can't see a way to make the 7100 delete the previous name of the drive from the Sources list.

Thanks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I find your constant posts insulting telling me that I am doing a disservice to people when I specifically said I don't care if people want to do the mod and risk bricking their set or voiding their warranties. Get it through your head that what I am opposed to is YOU DOING THIS IN THE PUBLIC FORUM RATHER THAN VIA PRIVATE MESSSAGE LIKE YOU WERE TOLD TO BY THE MODERATOR
Why don't you take your own advice and take this personal vendetta to private messages before your end up on everyone's ignore list?

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Why don't you take your own advice and take this personal vendetta to private messages before your end up on everyone's ignore list?
Well since you asked...

My suggestion regarding taking discussions to Private Messaging had to do with moderator @markrubin's request that discussions regarding entering the Advanced Service Menu were NOT to be discussed in the open forum.

Even more disconcerting is that the instructions @p5browne was referring people to were wrong and have been responsible for people bricking their Boxes.

Wheras the major point of that post that you used a small snip from so you could write this witty comeback was an attempt at providing @p5browne some sort of closure as to why the movies produced on the UHD Video packs in 2014 are now throwing the Backlight and Contrast on the Samsung TVs to their maximum values before the first HDR movies were ever even produced a year later who just couldn't accept "bug" or "glitch" as a scientific explanation after been provided a number of explanations in previous posts of mine based -- some based on common sense based on technical publications such as Forbes who announced Samsung had intentions to roll out "the world’s very first readily available HDR material, as part of a new UHD Video Pack... as early as June 2015" -- again long after the production of the UHD Video Packs.

I hope he and subscribers to this thread have a better understanding of the UHD Video Pack content and now that I have revealed I just so happen to be a Computer SCIENTIST and can accept that the term "bug" is a term we use in our business frequently

·
Registered
753 Posts
Well since you asked...

My suggestion regarding taking discussions to Private Messaging had to do with moderator @markrubin's request that discussions regarding entering the Advanced Service Menu were NOT to be discussed in the open forum.

Even more disconcerting is that the instructions @p5browne was referring people to were wrong and have been responsible for people bricking their Boxes.

Wheras the major point of that post that you used a small snip from so you could write this witty comeback was an attempt at providing @p5browne some sort of closure as to why the movies produced on the UHD Video packs in 2014 are now throwing the Backlight and Contrast on the Samsung TVs to their maximum values before the first HDR movies were ever even produced a year later who just couldn't accept "bug" or "glitch" as a scientific explanation after been provided a number of explanations in previous posts of mine based -- some based on common sense based on technical publications such as Forbes who announced Samsung had intentions to roll out "the world’s very first readily available HDR material, as part of a new UHD Video Pack... as early as June 2015" -- again long after the production of the UHD Video Packs.

I hope he and subscribers to this thread have a better understanding of the UHD Video Pack content and now that I have revealed I just so happen to be a Computer SCIENTIST and can accept that the term "bug" is a term we use in our business frequently
Ok. Bye now. Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
Note:

FW # 1456.1 has been removed from the Korean site, and put back to # 1455.

Personally, have seen no issues with 1456, nor 1456.1 on any on my sets.

Reactions: stanhere and tampa8

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does this tv do HDR? Im seeing conflicting information that it does now with a firmware update and some info says it doesn't. Can someone clarify for me? Thanks

·
Registered
10,561 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Thanks for the info. Just pulled the trigger on the 65inch for 1280 plus tax from amazon. I don't understand what that link does.
It's a clip that shows off HDR and 4K. You download it and put it on a USB drive and plug the USB into the TV and play it. (Or you can watch it from a Phone or Tablet by sending the video stream to the TV wireless) It will show your TV can play HDR material.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure if this will help anyone.

After many issues with the apps not connecting or streaming properly. I seem to have got to the bottom of my issue with my ASUS RT-AC87U router by reviewing net traffic and router logs. It seem the my JU7100 is not playing nice with my routers DHCP and DNS server and not getting proper info due to the fact that the JU7100 is identifying its self to the router as "localhost" and not the name given to the TV. my routers DHCP/DNS server refuses the request due to the TV broadcasting itself as localhost this conflicts with the router. This seems to create some sort of loopback issue

VUDU seemed to have the biggest issue along with Netflix.

After giving the JU7100 a static ip address and the google DNS info its working though this is a work around and the only true fix would have to be in the form of a firmware update fix.

My JU7100 seems to be my only 2015 Samsung with this issue my JS8500 and JS9000 do not have this issue
Thanks, I just noticed this last night while reviewing my logs. I could not figure out what was named localhost. After some research I noticed the my samsung un65ju7100 was using localhost instead of the name provided in setup.

I will try a static IP tonight below the range of my DHCP.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's a clip that shows off HDR and 4K. You download it and put it on a USB drive and plug the USB into the TV and play it. (Or you can watch it from a Phone or Tablet by sending the video stream to the TV wireless) It will show your TV can play HDR material.
Ok gotcha. Thanks again. Is there a link on how to do the JS Mod. I see a lot of people talking about it on this forum.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Ok gotcha. Thanks again. Is there a link on how to do the JS Mod. I see a lot of people talking about it on this forum.

You need to review the previous 2 pages of posts before asking that question again.

No offense

Attachments

7981 - 8000 of 10439 Posts