AVS Forum banner

8001 - 8020 of 10439 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Actually, that manual does show in the CEA-861 video signal chart a resolution of 4096x2160 at 60Hz. Depending on your video card, it's possible that 30Hz may be all you can do, but the TV seems to support 2160 @60Hz. Your card has to support a horizontal frequency of 135,000 KHz and you have to use the HDMI input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes that's right but I want to know about 1440p (2560×1440). It's not listed in the manual as a supported resolution, but I'm curious if anyone has attempted it. Someone asked the same question actually on the Geforce forum but it went unanswered.

I'm assuming it is indeed unsupported.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It does HDR, just not Amazon HDR unless you use the JS Mod

Download and test for yourself:

http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=115

Just bought the 75" inch version of this TV. I was told that TV sets had to have the "chip" or "hardware" in order to display HDR content and that a firmware update would not make this set a HDR tv. Was that misinformation? Does this set display HDR exactly like the 2016 SUHD sets do? Was this chip there all along and the firmware update "activated" it? Is it Dolby Vision or HDR10? AS for the JS mod...does it just trick Amazon to think that the set is a JS model and therefore can accept HDR material? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
Yes that's right but I want to know about 1440p (2560×1440). It's not listed in the manual as a supported resolution, but I'm curious if anyone has attempted it. Someone asked the same question actually on the Geforce forum but it went unanswered.

While watching some 4K Video Streaming Materials, and the Internet is plugged up, it does actually drop down to 1440. (And runs there)
Then I get the mouse going, and bump it back up.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
Just bought the 75" inch version of this TV. I was told that TV sets had to have the "chip" or "hardware" in order to display HDR content and that a firmware update would not make this set a HDR tv. Was that misinformation? Does this set display HDR exactly like the 2016 SUHD sets do? Was this chip there all along and the firmware update "activated" it? Is it Dolby Vision or HDR10? AS for the JS mod...does it just trick Amazon to think that the set is a JS model and therefore can accept HDR material? Thanks for any info.
DV requires the chip. Amazon HDR does require the JS Mod. HDR10, you're good to go else wise.

Reactions: King Richard

·
Lionheart of AVS
3,287 Posts

Yes, your TV can display HDR10 content. (Even though it doesn't have "Quantum Dots" or "Local Dimming" like the SUHD models do.)

(Only a few high-end LG and Vizio TVs can display Dolby Vision content. All other manufacturers use the "open-source" HDR10 version.)

For a list of available HDR content, see >> THIS POST

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yes, your TV can display HDR10 content. (Even though it doesn't have "Quantum Dots" or "Local Dimming" like the SUHD models do.)

(Only a few high-end LG and Vizio TVs can display Dolby Vision content. All other manufacturers use the "open-source" HDR10 version.)

For a list of available HDR content, see >> THIS POST

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Whoops, sorry. I misread your post and thought you were referring to UHD at 2160. My bad...:eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys,
Finally, Nvidia Shield Android TV is updated with HDR (e.g. Netflix) and YCbCr capabilities (forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948032/shield-android-tv/shield-android-tv-software-upgrade-3-2-now-available-6-29-16-/1/). The HDR videos looks amazing on my JS modded UN50JU7100. However, I feel like the picture is little dark so I increased the brightness to 100%. Is there any better approach to tackle this issue on HDR videos?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Guys,
Finally, Nvidia Shield Android TV is updated with HDR (e.g. Netflix) and YCbCr capabilities (forums.geforce.com/default/topic/948032/shield-android-tv/shield-android-tv-software-upgrade-3-2-now-available-6-29-16-/1/). The HDR videos looks amazing on my JS modded UN50JU7100. However, I feel like the picture is little dark so I increased the brightness to 100%. Is there any better approach to tackle this issue on HDR videos?
You increased your BRIGHTNESS to What????:eek:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Guys,
So to get Netflix 4K HDR10 you have to go out and buy another device? Way to go, Samsung.:rolleyes:
Glad it works for you, though, congrats.

·
Registered
10,561 Posts
Guys,
Brightness should NEVER be increased above 45. Else wise the back light won't function correctly, and your Blacks will become gray black. Try upping the Dynamic range instead

·
Registered
69 Posts

I think it does support [email protected] : This is the resolution I was using a couple of min. ago playing DOOM on a nVidia GTX 980ti with the 40inch JU7100. This is using the DVI output port of the video card (using a DVI to HDMI cable), but I believe this also works with HDMI to HDMI.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
So to get Netflix 4K HDR10 you have to go out and buy another device? Way to go, Samsung.:rolleyes:
Glad it works for you, though, congrats.
Why do you assume it is a Samsung problem? DISH is having similar problems with Netflix. Samsung nor DISH control the actual App or when it gets updated, only Netflix does. When an app is not working correctly on an Android phone it's the maker of the App not Android or the Phone nearly all the time. (Always some exceptions)
With the OP saying the picture is so dark it's possible the HDR is not working correctly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
If it's NOT Samsung's fault, only Netflix, what does it have against the Samsung UHD Blu-ray player? This ridiculous and it's obvious Netflix is ignoring us owners.

8001 - 8020 of 10439 Posts