AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Samsung LN46B650 to replace a two year old 40" Samsung LCD. As far as I know, this main differences between my 40" samsung and this 46" one are:

- 120Hz vs 60Hz

- wildly higher contrast ratio

- faster refresh rate

- screen size

So I love the TV, but I have a few concerns. For some reason, the picture quality doesn't look quite as good to me. Everything looks slightly washed out compared with my older, 40" samsung, and my eyes hurt and I have a headache after watching it for more than 30 minutes or so. (It's not the dejudder; I have that turned off already. ). Also, I'm noticing some slight ghosting around edges of people (and blurring in the background) when I watch upscaled DVDs. This concerns me because on my 40" I never noticed this.

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Was it a mistake to pay the extra money for the 120Hz tv and a higher contrast ratio? Is the change in upscaled DVD quality just due to the larger screen size?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Banned
407 Posts
Well there's always the UCP, Internet capabilities, dlna, USB movie, HDMI ports, WCE3, content library, and ToC.

It could be the 120hz and your eyes are extremely sensitive to faster movements. When we purchased an HDTV, my mom was dizzy from watching it but she later gotten used to it and she's fine with it. The ghosting could be the extra processings and the features and things inside the television that could affect it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
winchester734,

I had the same problem with my eyes with a B650 (32 inch), except I also had a tight queasy feeling in my upper chest as well. I bought the B650 as a replacement for an edge lit 6000 (bad black crush) but I never had any negative physical reaction to the 6000. I tried every possible change in settings to the B650, but nothing worked. I ended up getting the LG LH40-much better picture out of the box, better sound, and no negative physical reaction

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.