AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my new Sammy LA40A650 (Asian version for your LN40A650)

There are a few problems I have with this set:

1. There are several scratches (though very light and invisible from a distance), some deep scratches and smudges on the screen.

These were present as soon as the set was opened.

2. There is no manual/user guide/warranty card inside the TV package?! WTF?

3. So I have called the place where I bought it from to seek for a replacement.

However, I've been using the current set and there seems to be yet another issue. The speaker quality is really horrible. I cannot for the love of god tune it to output decent sound. It is really muffled/cloudy. I have tried all the settings, those presets (sports, speech, movie, etc.) didn't help much, and even custom equalizer settings aren't good enough.

I have a hunch that this is an isolated case, at least I hope so, because almost all reviewers said that speakers where decent. Note that I am NOT comparing these speakers to a home theater, in fact, this TV is my 2nd TV replacing a 10 year old CRT. And yet it has poorer audio. Whats up with that?

Can you please help me with this mess. Can other buyers of this otherwise brilliant set tell me about their audio quality?

Another note: I cannot buy a 7 series (which has better speakers) as its not available (nor will be for a long while) in India.

Your replies are much appreciated

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Sounds like you did not receive a "new" set! Why not get an exchange or your money back and purchase it from somewhere else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats the problem, there are no return policies in stores here, and apart from that there are very few stores which actually have this model available. The store I bought from is an authorized Samsung dealer, so I thought they could be trusted.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
When you first turned on your new tv, did it ask you a few questions as in set up screen? If you turned on the first time and it played right away, then you did not get a new set. If that's the case, I would talk with the retailer and see what happened and if they don't listen to you, it's time to contact Samsung, telling them that perhaps you have received a used unit as a new, a better business bureau, or even a lawyer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right, there was no setup screen, it just turned on.

I'll go to the dealer tomorrow and see what happens, thanks for your inputs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts