AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally purchased a new 52" Samsung LCD yesterday. I went with the LN52A650 series and the picture looks stunning. However I have a general question about how the TV appears when you place it on a tv stand or entertainment center.

I unpacked the tv out of the box and placed it on my stand. I immediately noticed that the tv leans or tilts slightly backward causing the tv to aim upwards. It has no effect on the tv picture at all as far as I can tell. But it just looks annoying when you look at the tv and its tilting back. I took it off the tv stand and placed it back on the floor. It doesn't appear that my tv stand isn't level since the tv still pointed upwards when sitting on the floor. It's not very extreme, only slightly tilting back.

I was wondering if anyone else had this same thing happen to them on the 52" 650 LCD series. The base seems to be attached just fine and it still swivels ok. I just wonder if the tv is so top heavy that it just naturally leans back. Or it could just be the top of my stand isn't level. Thanks for any help you guys have. Great forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I don't think it's leaning back because it's top heavy. I just got my 52A630 last week; the TV came straight out of the box with the swivel stand already attached. In my case, the TV is tilted forward a bit. While it doesn't affect my viewing, it is noticeable when looking at the set while standing, walking around, etc. As I purchased a really nice BDI stand for the tv, it's a shame that the tv looks "crooked" while sitting on top of this nice furniture.

I'm thinking of loosening the 4 mounting screws from the stand while someone holds the tv, having them position the tv to true vertical, then retightening the screws...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts