AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a LN52B630, and it's mostly great. However, there is a strange audio problem I am having and wondered if anyone else notices this with their Samsung.

Here's the scenario: I take the audio outputs of my satellite receiver and send them different places. No problem, as the receiver has multiple audio-outs. For example, I take the first pair of RCA outputs and send them to a kitchen TV 20 feet away. I then route the second pair of RCA outs from the receiver and send them to the Samsung.

However, the audio that outputs through the Samsung's internal speakers is nearly 10mseconds "behind" any audio from the same source that bypasses the Samsung. cable length is not an issue.

Why would there be such a noticeable delay? Is this normal for Samsung LCD's? There's nowhere in the menu to adjust sound delay. Are they delaying the picture for some reason, and have to delay the audio to match? It's really annoying, cause' I can't turn up both sets without ECHO.

anyone? Samsung 1-800 doesn't have a clue

·
Registered
897 Posts
You have got to be kidding. 10ms is the time it takes sound to go 10 feet! Your kitchen is 20 ms away.

In case you ever want to know, light travels about 1 foot per nanosecond. A mere million times faster.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by txrose /forum/post/16939345

You have got to be kidding. 10ms is the time it takes sound to go 10 feet! Your kitchen is 20 ms away.

In case you ever want to know, light travels about 1 foot per nanosecond. A mere million times faster.

sorry, 100ms - typo on my part. 100ms is noticeable delay if you were programming a digital delay for example.

Let me explain it another way if you need clarification.

I used to do the same thing with a Sony Wega CRT - route audio through the set and into a Yamaha receiver. No "audible" delay noticeable when compared to the signal that was hitting the second television 20 feet away. But now, routing through the Samsung - it's as if I was running it through a DDL to get a doubling effect - so there is a delay - sorry for the typo

and although I appreciate the lesson on light travel - it really wasn't necessary, was it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts