AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I ask you guys about the picture quality of this tv compare to the samsung LN52A650 LCD? I use to have a 70 inch sony xbr rear projection tv. The picture quality was astounding on blu ray. The only back fall was its weight and it can only go up to 720p. So I manage to sell it and bought the samsung 52 inch. The picture quality was a little bit better, plus it has 4 hdmi inputs. However, I miss the big screen size to watch sports. Any of you guys that is lucky enough to own these two television could give me some opinions? I have 2 weeks left to return my tv. I tried to go to Frys to check the picture quality, but how Fry's set up the tvs make them look horrible. All the tv had bad picture quality. I had to go home and hook my blu ray player to my 650 to get the best picture. Its like frys are playing dvds not blu ray. The HL67 inch right now is about the same price I can get for the 650. The 16 inches the HL67 gives is tempting. Are the picture the same or on par with the 650? I ask this in the rear projection forum, and they told me to get the HL67A750. The answers may be bias since I posted it in the rear projection area. Do you guys think the DLP picture is superb as the LCD?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The LCD is probably a little better but I'd still go with the DLP if you don't need the flat panel and wider viewing angles. We needed 50" max so I had to go with the 650 LCD (46").

I'd think motion is better on the DLP as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts