AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I came across an issue with my Samsung LCD TV (Model: LN37A550P3FXZA). The video is showing some video noise along the edges of text and images. Initially I thought the HDMI cable was loose from my cable box, but when I switched to my BD Player on the other HDMI input I saw the same thing. I've tried all inputs (HDMI 1,2,3, PC, etc) without success. I've tried updating the firmware but that didn't make a difference either. I've contacted Samsung and wonder if I'll get a response (TV is a few years old) . Any ideas what's causing this? Can I fix this myself (I've replaced bad caps in a few LCD's already)? Do I need to tell the wife I'm buying a new TV

Curtis

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
That looks like the early stage of : "bad LCD controller/T-con board or bad ribbon cable connections on controller board".

Some people have opened the back of the tv and reattached all the ribbon cables they can see. Some get loose over time and can cause that type of problem. I'd try that and see how it looks.

Check out the link below, about 2/3 down, the biker guy pic on the tv. That shows the later stages of what looks like your problem:

http://www.lcdparts.net/howto/symptom.aspx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never did look into the problem after my initial post. The problem seems to have stopped which make me think its a connection issue internally. When I did experience the issue it was only after the unit was on for a long time. I still need to open the unit check.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my tv was purchased on 11-08.

first red cloud problem on 8-11.

second red cloud prob. on 4-12.

third time was 6-12.

power supply board with "caps" replaced on 11-2011 by samsung(caps showed no bulging).

TV working good currently. My guess would be a connection problem somewhere and not a bad part.

Red cloud problem shows well on the freeway map but other pictures also show blue and red clouds.

Also, on a side note, my tv has a audible "popping sound" that is also intermittent from day one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.