AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the AVS Forum society and hope to benefit from the countless individuals here who could help me out here.

I got a Samsung LN40A450C1D Television here in Futureshop, and the standard settings on my old television were much better and brighter but in a way that actually brought out light from the colours, not just making the whole image brighter (I'm not sure what that is, so bear with a noob like me :p). Anyways, I was wondering about how I could calibrate this TV for my PS3 gaming especially, as everything is pretty dark and toned down, and me fiddling around with the settings probably won't game anywhere as there are MANY.

Anyways, do you guys think I should get a test disc, or what should I do? And if I should get a test disc, are there ones to optimise my television for PS3 gaming or, where could I get one?, Thanks alot guys.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Get 'Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics' on Blu-ray Disc. It's composed for consumers who are new to HDTV and calibration, with very helpful tutorials. There is a free BD test disc download discussed here but that requires more homework.

Set up your PS3/TV combo for standard video programming. You will likely have to change picture settings on the TV for various games from time to time. Many game studios don't follow imaging industry standards and practices so their products can look different than a well-produced video disc.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown, President

CinemaQuest, Inc.

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts