AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm calibrating a LN46C650 for my bedroom. One of the important features (to me and the Mrs) is the internet/Netflix capability. A limitation I noticed on this TV is the inability to access Advanced Settings and Picture Options while on the "internet" input of the TV. As such, I cannot access CMS and grayscale controls for this input.

However, I did go into the service menu and activate CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT. If I could set one or both of these up as global settings, I could at least calibrate HD resolutions via test disc for optimal CMS and grayscale and apply them for my Netflix viewing.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S /forum/post/19516309

Hello,

I'm calibrating a LN46C650 for my bedroom. One of the important features (to me and the Mrs) is the internet/Netflix capability. A limitation I noticed on this TV is the inability to access Advanced Settings and Picture Options while on the "internet" input of the TV. As such, I cannot access CMS and grayscale controls for this input.

However, I did go into the service menu and activate CAL-DAY and CAL-NIGHT. If I could set one or both of these up as global settings, I could at least calibrate HD resolutions via test disc for optimal CMS and grayscale and apply them for my Netflix viewing.

Any suggestions?

Assuming the expert menu for the C650 is the same as the B650, you want to change the 'source' item from 'current' to 'all'.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good tip. I did just that based on your suggestion, however the CAL-DAY settings did not save as global across all inputs.

I made sure the "All" setting saved in the service menu by going back in and verifying.

·
Registered
12,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S /forum/post/19517108

Good tip. I did just that based on your suggestion, however the CAL-DAY settings did not save as global across all inputs.

I made sure the "All" setting saved in the service menu by going back in and verifying.

You might want to picture reset CAL-DAY and then re-input the calibrated values. It should fix the issue.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/19517123

You might want to picture reset CAL-DAY and then re-input the calibrated values. It should fix the issue.

Dang man, you are smart. That totally did it! Thank you so much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts