AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was in Bestbuy today and stunned by the picture quality of the Samsung 6000 series LED LCD tv, but I noticed (and have researched) that the picture is very "fast-moving" and sort of is similar to those dramatic soap operas on tv. Lord of the rings was on and everything just seemed so fast, I think this is the "motion-rate"?

Anyways, I have read about this online and how it can get dizzying, but is there ANY way to decrease it? I was told that it's the standard option, and the only thing you can do is actually increase it only?

I don't want to get used to it either or anything, I would just like to be told I can actually lower this somehow because this is just way too fast, I want it to be the same speed as other normal LCD's and Plasma tv's, can we adjust it?

Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man different people are telling me different things, a few sales rep. people told me that it was standard and can't be turned off, and now it's that it can be turned off lol. I would go in again but it's kind of far away, so if I can get more responses I would really appreciate it

Thanks also for your response!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah but is that the actual thing that's making the quality look so fast?

I just spoke to someone from Bestbuy and she told me that it was most likely the Fast Motion Picture Response Time (MPRT), and combined with the Auto Motion Plus 120Hz , that was most likely the problem. She also said that you couldn't change them and she was pretty sure on what she was talking about.

So I'm not sure and I'm confused now lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oooh alright, I understand it more now, the people I talked to didn't really know the stuff but it looks like you guys do

And one other thing, how accurate is this? I just read this from the site that is linked above:

"And my advice is to stay away from LEDS altogether. It is scientifically documented that extended viewing will burn your retinas and lead to blindness."

Is that accurate?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compguy123 /forum/post/17011720

Oooh alright, I understand it more now, the people I talked to didn't really know the stuff but it looks like you guys do

And one other thing, how accurate is this? I just read this from the site that is linked above:

"And my advice is to stay away from LEDS altogether. It is scientifically documented that extended viewing will burn your retinas and lead to blindness."Is that accurate?

in fact, you should stay away from light in any form altogether...it just makes you see things you wouldn't see without it.

TVbc

·
Registered
776 Posts

Quote:

"And my advice is to stay away from LEDS altogether. It is scientifically documented that extended viewing will burn your retinas and lead to blindness."

Is that accurate?

Wow.

I can think of only two visible spectrum light sources that could harm your eyes: A laser, or a very high intensity beam (e.g. the Sun). Neither of which apply here.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just went into Sears AND 6th ave, and they had no clue about what I was asking...I mentioned some of the stuff and they all tried and called different people, and couldn't figure it out....

Someone please help lol, this is so confusing that half of the people are saying you can turn it down and when I go into the stores, nobody has ANY idea on it. I would at least like to make sure IN-person that it can be turned down, what should I tell them when I go back in?

Any help would be appreciated- Thanks!

·
Registered
642 Posts

Quote:

Is that accurate?

I wonder if the same dude also said that the plasma from plasma TVs can give you cancer.

·
Registered
642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compguy123 /forum/post/17054836

I just went into Sears AND 6th ave, and they had no clue about what I was asking...I mentioned some of the stuff and they all tried and called different people, and couldn't figure it out....

Someone please help lol, this is so confusing that half of the people are saying you can turn it down and when I go into the stores, nobody has ANY idea on it. I would at least like to make sure IN-person that it can be turned down, what should I tell them when I go back in?

Any help would be appreciated- Thanks!

Press the menu button.

Go to Picture Options under the Picture sub menu.

Look for the Auto Motion Plus 120Hz option at the bottom.

Change it to Off to disable it or Clear to tone it down.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:

Is that accurate?

Obvious troll is obvious. The led's are less likely to blind you than plasmas. The military is working on plasma weapons for this clear fact.

Turn the freaking judder down to 0 and it go away. Your just used to watching crappy tv's so it will take a while to get used to better pictures.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright I'm going to go and ask them to turn the "Auto Motion plus 120HZ" OFF and the "Judder" off?

You guys do know a lot more than them lol, I asked know of the 6th ave people about it and instead he showed me the brightness levels and the differences between the picture quality, nothing close to what I wanted lol

·
Registered
642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compguy123 /forum/post/17062223

Alright I'm going to go and ask them to turn the "Auto Motion plus 120HZ" OFF and the "Judder" off?

You guys do know a lot more than them lol, I asked know of the 6th ave people about it and instead he showed me the brightness levels and the differences between the picture quality, nothing close to what I wanted lol

Mabye you should just tell them to give you the remote. You might actually have a better idea then they do.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts