AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Purchased a Samsung 55" LED TV, model #6350, last week at Sam's Club.  The picture seemed phenomenal the first few days we had it set up, but in the last few days, we've noticed that the picture seems to randomly dim.  I've checked the Eco Solution settings, and found that the Energy Saving setting, the Eco Sensor setting, and the Auto Power setting are all already turned off.  We have Directv as our satellite provider, and are using component cables instead of HDMI.  Our daughter has a Samsung TV with HDMI cables, and the picture sometimes seems a little disorienting, and we were concerned if we used the HDMI cable we might have this same effect.  So, in summary, I guess I have the following questions.  

1.  Could the problem be due to using Component instead of HDMI cables?

2.  Could the problem be with our Directv satellite box, (we have the HR23-700 HD DVR)?

OR

3.  Do we have a faulty TV that we need to take back to Sam's for a replacement?

ALSO

4.  Would the HDMI cable cause the picture to have more of a 3 D effect, which we find disorienting?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Katrice

·
Registered
1,106 Posts

I don't see how the component cables per se would be causing the dimming effect but there may be a chance an HDMI connection is required for the Eco sensor setting to be effective.

Regarding question #4, turning off Auto Motion Plus should eliminate the disorienting effect.  (Google soap opera effect for more info on this).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts