AVS Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techphil /forum/post/19959858

Can you give more detaill how you pass your phone system through the fiber from the dm.

It's not difficult to do, IF you have a good networking foundation.

With that said, I will not go into details on how I do it. Im a business and do not give away something that gives us a competitive advantage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
James,

The HDMI Specifications list all of the standard CEC codes. I keep hearing about proprietary implementations of CES by various manufacturers, but no specific data.

Is there any resource for how different manufacturers are currently implementing (or not implementing) the CEC code standards?

Thanks!

Orrin

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Quote:
Originally Posted by orrinc
The HDMI Specifications list all of the standard CEC codes. I keep hearing about proprietary implementations of CES by various manufacturers, but no specific data.

Is there any resource for how different manufacturers are currently implementing (or not implementing) the CEC code standards?
I do not know of any other source other than getting the proprietary CEC codes form directly from the manuf. and this is not as easy as it sounds. When you call a manuf. 99% of the time no one knows what you are asking for and you have to jump through hoops to find a person who knows what "CEC Codes" mean.

Even if you use the manuf. own terminology, for example Samsung calls HDMI CEC control "Anynet+", you have to ask Samsung for the "Anynet+" codes and even then they may not know what you are talking about.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Delicious /forum/post/18018876

As far as CEC goes, it does make programming a breeze. I do have to say this though. Without the DM system I would not be able to use CEC due to the fact that you have send the codes through HDMI. The coding is easy as it's just a serial join. But what the DM system does is it give you the HDMI input to send the Serial commands on and get them into the HDMI channel and at the same time sends the feedback back to a Serial output. Every DM input & output card and on the room controllers there is a HMDI serial input and output.

In order for CEC to take off there needs to be a way to allow the programmer to get the commands into the HDMI channel.

Hi James,

Following your CEC adventures with interest. Can you post a link to the document with the CEC codes for various devices, or give us the title so we can get it from HDMI, LLC.

Thanks....

Graeme

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme /forum/post/20319758

Hi James,

Following your CEC adventures with interest. Can you post a link to the document with the CEC codes for various devices, or give us the title so we can get it from HDMI, LLC.

Thanks....

Graeme

The title is as follows,

"High-Definition Multimedia Interface Specification Version X.X"

Where X.X is the HDMI version you are are requesting, for example 1.3a, 1.4, etc.

Note that the document above gives you the standard CEC codes.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Delicious /forum/post/20320760

The title is as follows,

"High-Definition Multimedia Interface Specification Version X.X"

Where X.X is the HDMI version you are are requesting, for example 1.3a, 1.4, etc.

Note that the document above gives you the standard CEC codes.

Got it, thanks....

Graeme

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi

Going with 8x8 after seeing what has been achieved. One thing I was trying to work out was how the switcher handled these CEC codes where the output is straight hdmi I.e. No room controller. Can this be done?

The other question was around 2 pioneer items. In the uk the amp is the sc-lx83 and in the US I think it is the sc-37. The bluray player is bdp-lx91. The blu ray sends one hdmi to amp for audio and another to display for video. How would the switcher handle that?

I guess the CEC side would extend to the amp and blu ray too :) would seem silly to integrate via rs232 for controlling these 2 items.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harinder
The other question was around 2 pioneer items. In the uk the amp is the sc-lx83 and in the US I think it is the sc-37. The bluray player is bdp-lx91. The blu ray sends one hdmi to amp for audio and another to display for video. How would the switcher handle that?
One way of doing it is to use one HDMI cable coming from the Blu-Ray player carrying both Audio & Video to the Dm 8x8. Depending on the type of DM cable you use, copper or fiber, you will install a DMCO card that has an output to DM-RMC and an HDMI output.

For example the DMCO-44 has 4 fiber outputs and an additional 2 HDMI outputs on output 1 & 2 along with the fiber outputs. So, on output 1 you would run the fiber output to the DM-RMC and the HDMI output to your receiver. In DM Tools, which is in ToolBox, You would setup the DM 8x8 so the HDMI output is sending audio only.

Another way of doing it is, you can also just send the video to the DM 8x8, via HDMI and the audio to your receiver via HDMI, as you are doing now. When you select "Watch Blu-Ray" the DM 8x8 will switch to the Blu-Ray player and the receiver will switch to the Input that you have assigned to the Blu-Ray audio.

There are many other ways of doing it. These are just 2 examples.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

I found this thread looking for more info on the DM series products and learned alot from GoGo Delicious comments and replies to all the questions. I'm curious about anyone else experiences with DM switchers, room controllers, fiber or CAT based. Any horror stories?

Im located in Bangkok, Thailand and have a client that requires HD distribution from a centralized server(kaleidescape + shared iTunes library) to 44 points in a very large residential family compound. I have been doing research for a days now and still come back to the DM series. I have some colleagues in Australia who have offered that the DM will "just fall down", but I find that hard to believe, considering how many installs I have seen in Thailand using Crestron; hotels and boardrooms mainly. I know it is a vague question but just want to do my due diligence before I convince my client to invest in some serious gear.

Hope this thread isnt dead, but will post a new thread as well. Thanks!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
"Strange that your Australian colleagues are negative towards DM. Our experience has always been incredibly positive - it just does what you want and expect.

Not heard any negative rumblings from other UK based Crestron dealers either.

Go for it - you won't have problems. "

Thanks for your comments. Not sure what my colleagues were on about anymore. General consensus seems to be that no major issues, some headaches during commissioning, but even those seem limited to the very first gear released in the DM series, and when were talking about output to 32 displays, there are always going to be a few issues.

Everyones comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts

good day,

i am working on a DM 8x8 with 6 sources connected to DMC-HD of which :

1- receiver srt 4930 L

2- Denon AVR 2113

3- Denon DBT 1713UD

i am trying to use CEC control but till now could not be able to find the right CEC codes .

i need your help guys.

·
Registered
2 Posts

i have the same scenario and i am looking for the CEC codes in order to control :

1- AVR-2113

2- DBT1731UD

3- Samsung display 

4- Sony display 

can you please port some photos or documents showing the way you did it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Bump

81 - 95 of 95 Posts