AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Samsung UE40B7000 hung up via the samsung picture frame style wall mount. It is very slim and very close to the wall. I would now like to put some sort of back lighting behind the TV (like the Ideal-Lume Panelight) behind the TV. Does anyone have experience with this or has anyone tried it? Would it fit behind the TV?

Link to the backlight...
http://www.cinemaquestinc.com/ideal_lumesb.htm

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don't know how much room there is behind the thin tvs with the standard picture mount. I doubt there's enough clearance for a regular sized ccfl to be placed behind it.

I would look into an led-based lighting system, as it will be thinner, last longer, and will run much cooler.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Ikea idea is fantastic and I will certainly try that first. i may need to get more than one set to really get the desired results.

Another question:

Once I hook something up, how can I automatically switch it on? I have a logitech harmony 659 remote control. Is there anyway or is there a remote switch that I can use to turn those lights on? The best situation would be to turn on the lights as soon as I turn the TV on.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
U can use a sensing/control power strip.

U plug the TV into the sensor jack. Then Everytime u turn on the TV, the strip "senses" this and turns on the rest of the strip's outlets.

Radio Shack sells one I believe.

Post a picture when yer done, I wanna see how it looks. The light effect I mean.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb /forum/post/16924150

U can use a sensing/control power strip.

U plug the TV into the sensor jack. Then Everytime u turn on the TV, the strip "senses" this and turns on the rest of the strip's outlets.

Radio Shack sells one I believe.

Post a picture when yer done, I wanna see how it looks. The light effect I mean.

Ooh, that's brilliant. I'll post pictures up when I get everything done...if it ever gets done. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts