AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Samsung LN-46A550 and tv viewing seems fine but my Nintendo Wii (with component cables) is not that great. When I play wii there are a fair number of "blinking" pixels in different areas of the screen. I'm assuming this is to be expected, correct? I never notice this issue watching tv so I am assuming it only has to do with the wii and that there is not anything wrong with my tv. My previous 37" 720p tv seemed to display the wii better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The Wii's GPU may be overheating and getting damaged. It was an issue on some systems. You'll have to troubleshoot. It could also be the TV, component inputs or cables as well.

Whatever it is, it's not normal operation.

·
Registered
9,590 Posts
Do you use Wii connect 24? If so then you have a heat problem with your Wii. Try turning it off and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might just return the tv then. I just bought and I don't have any tolerance for even minor issues with a tv right after purchasing it. I doubt it's an overheating issue soley based on the fact that it looked fine on one tv and 5 minutes later after hooking up the new tv and the wii it displayed these issues. I, for some reason, thought it might be because I upgraded from a 37" 720p to a 46" 1080p. I'm guessing even though Wii is not HD it should not show "blinking" pixels, correct?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It's probably the Wii. But the only way to know is to troubleshoot.

If it is the Wii, call Nintendo. They'll send you a pre-paid box to send it in, and they'll get it back to you fixed up in 1-2 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts