·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Cable Card on the 32" ?

I do belive CC is only on the 40 & 46"

Could be wrong.

For an LCD , Samsung has some of the best "blacks" I`ve seen :D

8ms , is very good too.

Only concern would be build quality , but hey nobody is building anything to last these days.

I would want to get more info about the CC.

Gary

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm having one delivered on Monday but I'm also in the process of moving so it will be a few days before I can respond with an answer.

The 32 does not have a cable card.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah - I'm really interested in this one too. Right now it's between this new Samsung, the new Sony 32" XBR (A series is really all I need but my wife doesn't want it because it's silver...women!), and the Sharp 32" (the one with the speakers underneath).

I've heard rave reviews about the Sony and Sharp, but they also carry a heftier price-tag. I've always liked the PQ of the Sammy's, so I'm hoping if it's even close to the picture quality of the other two I can save some coin.

By the way, I don't see this model on the Canadian site yet... any of you Hosers out there know if it's out in Canada yet?!?! :D

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I think the PQ of the Sammy will definitely rival the Sharp and the Sony. In fact the panels that Sony uses come from a JV with Samsung so the actual panel is likely identical in a Sony and Samsung. Obviously you read lots of positive reviews about the Sharps but I think Samsung is catching up. I have the LN-R328W and love it. The colors need to be toned down a little but once you do that the PQ is outstanding. Even SD looks good. And black levels are excellent.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You're right, it doesn't have a cable card. My bad.

I just bought the Sony 42A10 about an hour ago. Gonna test it out. I'm already experiencing buyer's remorse, though.

I wasn't "crazy" about its picture quality on first viewing, hopefully things will improve once I get it home (Sept 2nd).

Oh well, I can always return it if need be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.