AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy either the Samsung LN-S2641D or the LN-S2651D. Just wondering what the difference is between the two, as they appear to be the same in all aspects but price. The 41D is $718 and the 51D is $870. Can anyone help me with why there is such a price difference? Also, can anyone suggest which one you would recommend to me. I will be placing it in my room and using it for TV/Xbox60/DVD's. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm probably better off posting in this thread:

I took a stroll through Best Buy this evening, and this Samsung really caught my eye. I had originally went to check out the Sharp 26d40u, which was a real disapointment as far as image quality was concerned. The Samsung looked fantastic. It was next to a Sony non-XBR, which was also pretty impressive.

Anyway, I'm confused regarding this model vs. the LN-S2651D.

Just a second ago, I had thought that I remembered something about the tuners being different, but after some searching I'm second-guessing myself.

Is the LN-S2641D able to tune in over-the-air HD signals (using an antenna, of course)? I understand that for most cable HD packages I will need to use a cable box. But what I want to know is, can I hook up our standard cable connection to the "cable" input on the tv, and use an HD antenna hooked into the "air" input on the tv? And will I be able to toggle back/forth between the two?

I know that there are some OTA HD broadcasts here in Pittsburgh and am hoping to be able to pick a few up. I appreciate any thoughts and/or advice in advance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.