AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I did the search in the forums, and in the 4661F main thread I saw that people with HDMI problems went and replaced the board. But the thing is that I have never had any HDMI problems until last night.

I have basically had the TV since 2007 with 0 problems. I connect a Xbox 360 via component, my Tivo via HDMI1 and the Up Converting DVD/Stereo player with HDMI2.

I got a PS3 recently and connected it to the HDMI3 (as well as HDMI2) with different cables during all these tests... the PS3 has the latest firmware.

I noticed these bugs:

- green flashes on screen, where during blu-ray playback or game playing the Screen is overlayed with a green flash for a brief period of time and goes back to normal.

- Change of resolution (where the screen goes black and back but the resolution has been changed -- image is more washed up)

- Video Not supported Message, where the screen loses HDMI sync.

- Video Not supported Message in the HDMI port as well as all other HDMI ports, in this case, I could not even watch TV via Tivo, it seemed the whole TV HDMI ports had gone bad, and the only way to get things going was to turn off/on TV. I had noticed that in this mode, I could hear my TV or PS3 thru the stereo, so definitely a TV issue with HDMI.

I called 1-800-Samsung, and they did not see in their database, that there is a need to replace board, and want me to do some tests on the TV when I get home (and I have to call them back)... again, I have never had HDMI problems until I connected the PS3 (since my Tivo is on HDMI1 and I have never had any problems)...

Is this some sort of compatibility problem between Samsung's HDMI and PS3's HDMI ?

Thanks for any inputs,

Houman

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The more I read on this, the more it seems this is an HDMI 1080p problem, since my Xbox 360 can get 1080p via component, I am tempted to ditch HDMI with PS3, and just use component with PS3 as well (I'd have to use my component cable AV switch box then)

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so last night, I decided to change and use a better HDMI cable (more expensive), and for sometime I had not green flashes, then after sometime when the system was idle, I got the snow effect (like old analog TV's when you could not connect to a channel), and it was in all of the HDMI ports.

I ordered a component cable just to test it, I don't know what I need to do to convince Samsung this is a problem, since it can't be reproduced, it can take 5 minutes or 45 minutes before anything like this happens.

It's a shame, because when it works in HDMI 1080p, it's beautiful playing Iron Man or such and other movies.

Houman

· Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I put the component cable in last night and 0 problems with PS3 and all of that in 1080p.

Shame... Samsung should fix all of the Samsungs with HDMI problems, either with a firmware or board replacement "across the board"...

my 2c.

/signing off

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.