AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new version of the firmware for the LN-TXX69 / 71 sets was posted on Samsung's website on 8/25/11. It is version 1014.

I installed the firmware on my set yesterday, 9/3/11 and now I have no video display, only audio. I attepmted to go back to the 1013 version but was unsuccessful. Please stay away from the new firmware, it bricked my otherwise perfect LN-T4069F television!

Scott

Wilmington, NC

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Firmeware updates are often not only make/model number dependate but are sometimes are also serial number dependent since all make/model numbers of a product contain the same make/model numbers of a product contain the same make.model of an internal components such as disk drives or video processing chips.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was asked on another forum for the instructions that I used to un-brick my tv. Here they are:

You will need to locate this file on the net via your favorite search engine: [email protected]@71FX(ver 1013).exe This firmware will get your TV back up and running.

WARNING: this is not how you should update your firmware! Use these directions only if your firmware update bricked your TV.

The newer units with the FW2004 firmware are not compatible with the latest firmware posted on the Samsung Support website since it is version FW1014. The firmware is not smart enough to prevent installing itself on the FW2004 TV's, causing the bricking of the TV. The following steps are designed to once again trick these sets into 'upgrading' to the FW2004 version from the FW1014 version posted by Samsung.

It is possible to unbrick a TV, a fw20xx set upgraded to fw1014. If this is what you have done, follow these directions to get FW2004 installed.

Its important to know that your TV now thinks it is the PEONY (not the PEONYM) so you have to trick it to look at the peonY folder instead of the peonyM folder to try and fix the issue

2) DL the f/w again so you get a clean copy and extract to a clean flash drive

3) change the name of the PEONYM folder to PEONYMBACKUP (or anything)

4) change the name of the PEONY folder to PEONYM and then change the PEONYMBACKUP folder to PEONY

5) put the thumb drive in the TV.. since you cant see the TV menu follow these instructions

-. Press Menu Button

-. Press "Up" arrow key 2 Times (Move to Set Up)

-. Press "Enter" (Select Set Up Function)

-. Press "Up" arrow key 1 Time (Move to SW Upgrade)

-. Press "Enter" (Select SW Upgrade)

-. Press "Enter" (Select USB)

==> Then automatically search new firmware (Wait around 20 sec while CPU ident FW)

-. Press "Enter" 3~5 Times for confirmation (Select & Upgrade New firmware)

-. Then wait it's upgrading until TV power off/On again automatically.

This method worked for me and resurected my bricked LN-T4069F. I hope this helps some of you who are experiencing this same issue.

Shame on Samsung.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/20905070

Firmeware updates are often not only make/model number dependate but are sometimes are also serial number dependent since all make/model numbers of a product contain the same make/model numbers of a product contain the same make.model of an internal components such as disk drives or video processing chips.

Samsung had a method for managing the compatibility. Early sets used FW10XX while the later sets used FW20XX firmware. The upgrades provided earlier had two sets of firmware in each package that would upgrade to the correct version for the tv. Samsung dropped the ball on that portion of the upgrade package.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.