AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a Samsung T220HD for the guest room at my house. I've got a couple of other HDTV's around, some have Digital Cable Boxes and some don't. I'm located in Bay Village, OH. My cable company is Time Warner / Elyria.

In this case, I don't need any premium channels for the room. It's an occasional use type thing for guests, so the basic cable package is all I need.

The problem is when the auto setup program searches for and locks in all the stations it can get. It does the search for all the stations, and then starts the process where it says it's removing the scrambled channels. But it never completes the process. It gets to anywhere between 75 and 99% and just sits there.

If I stop the process, I'm left with a weird mess of channels, with no services on the numbers where they usually are.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought 2 Samsung LN32A450's that had the same problem. Repeated attempts to auto-program channels produced different results. Sometimes it would hang on removing scrambled channels, sometimes it would find wildly out-of-range channels, and sometimes it would only find a few. I called Samsung customer support and just when it looked like they couldn't help me they found a new firmware version that sounds like it will correct the problem. The description that the rep read to me mentioned channel setup hangs and odd channel numbers discovered and even mentioned that it was occurring in Texas (it hit home for me). Anyway, they are sending me firmware version 1013.3 (the set came with 1012.1).

Hope this helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts