AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Samsung LN32A450C1 just recently and i have started to notice some ghosting.

Initially i never noticed the ghosting because i was not playing the kind of content that i am now. I recently started playing Fable II (via HDMI) and the game ghosts like heck. Turning the screen around blurs the whole image. The ghosting is very apparent. More so during night. Now i have started noticing it in Dead Space that i play on my PC (via VGA). Here is a video of how it looks:
http://www.dailymotion.com/cheesy_cake/video/13410487

I have not noticed ghosting in any kind of movies. The reason i got this screen, a 'branded' screen, was to avoid these problems. I had an Acer HDTV before and it had ghosting issues too and terrible screen burn in. Who is to tell this Samsung won't screen burn in a couple of months! It makes me wonder if it is my setup, so here is a pic of it:

Any kind of help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit:

Yes, i have turned off every kind of post processing features. Both the HDMI and whatever is available on the PC. Nothing helps.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that motion blur or ghosting? Maybe i have got the terms mixed up. In the video, if you see the little black boxes on the door. It produces another image on its side when i move the character from left to right. I think that's ghosting. Motion blur would produce a little blur on the screen not double images!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think thats motion blur.... I have a two year old phillips 37 inch lcd for gaming only, I havent noticed blur this bad on my t.v. Maybe give another brand a try, or try upgrading if you wanna stick with samsung.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No cash to buy a new TV now. And shops in this part of the world does not take TV back for exchange. Once sold, sold! I searched these forums and noticed a couple of users having the same problem. Should i call in for warranty? Damn that would suck...being with a PC for whatever time it takes!

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanyoung /forum/post/15515390

I had an Acer HDTV before and it had ghosting issues too and terrible screen burn in. Who is to tell this Samsung won't screen burn in a couple of months! .

LCD's will not burn in, its not possible. However I have seen image retention on older lcd's which goes away in few minutes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbas01 /forum/post/15518122

LCD's will not burn in, its not possible. However I have seen image retention on older lcd's which goes away in few minutes.

Yes, image retention. I forgot the term. And it didn't go away in a few mins. I would have to white wash the screen for a lot of days for it to slowly go away. Then it would come back and i would repeat the process. It was annoying so ditched it for this one...and it seems to have the same damn problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingdaz /forum/post/15520790

It could be your video card? How many FPS are you getting when playing?

It is not my video card. It happens on the Xbox 360 (HDMI) as well. I had used a normal Dell 22" monitor for a short period of time before i got Samsung and i never noticed any ghosting there.

This has worse ghosting/blur issue than my old Acer LCD. It happens to whole screen, in Acer it would just happen on specific colors on specific backgrounds. It's annoying. Maybe i should call the warranty?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts