1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one should I get?

the LN32A650 or 32LZ800?

This is what I'm going to be doing with it:

Connecting my PC to it for movie watching only (I have some 720p movies on my PC) most of the movies on my PC have subtitles I need to read

Watching blu-rays with a blu-ray player..

I've seen the Samsung in store and it was awesome looking, but I haven't seen the Panasonic yet.

I wanted a glossy screen that's why I choose these two. So which would be the best choice for my needs? Any pros/cons you guys could give me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Might be a tough choice, but I will say this. The Samsung was specifically reviewed by a site I can't recall right now, but he goes VERY IN DEPTH with how he tests tv's, and it received nothing but high praise. The black level was measured at a .06, which is outstanding (once calibrated, however, which he did), and so right off the bat the samsung was kickin' some butt.

Personally, I'd go with the samsung. Very good color accuracy, excellent blacks, and an overall picture that was deemed excellent.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done some mroe research, and the only problem I see with the samsung is a "clouding" issue, where the screens uneven in black or something, i seen posts about it here, does it do that with all sets?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi183 /forum/post/15584163

I've done some mroe research, and the only problem I see with the samsung is a "clouding" issue, where the screens uneven in black or something, i seen posts about it here, does it do that with all sets?

No, my Samsung 650 has zero clouding. The picture is perfect in all aspects.

·
Registered
16,167 Posts
Based on numerous reviews, these are the best 2 LCDs out there. I would go with whichever you get the best deal on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey I just got finished reading the samsung review, and they said you can get almost no-clouding if you adjust it and stuff, so far I'm liking the samsung better lol boiler, what size do you have and do you watch it in a completely dark room? cause I'll be using it in a dark room and supposedly that makes clouding more exposed :S

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.