AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopino /forum/post/20414562

umm have you searched the threads for that particular model?? This is the LN32D550 thread...sorry man

I think I only found them after posting here out of desperation. I'll post in them. Thanks.

*edit*

Found a LA32C550 SQ02 panel, seems the one to go for after lots of reading.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm having a hard time seeing any reason to buy the LN32D550 over the LN32C550. Anyone discovered one yet?

I was surprised to see that the LN32D550 apparently has only one HDMI port on the back and 3 on the side (per an earlier post text/photo), while every diagram I've seen of the LN32C550 shows 3 HDMI ports on the back and one on the side. Hasn't the convention been to have most of the ports on the back? I anticipate having at least 3 HDMI devices plugged in all the time, and it seems it would be unsightly if two of these had to be plugged in to the side. This alone makes me want to avoid this model.

For anyone interested, here's the Samsung downloads page:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...LN32D550K1FXZA

·
Registered
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark17
Once you get replacement please perform some text clarity tests... maybe 4:4:4 test... IMHO having clear text is as important as having low input lag...

Overall I'm happy from LG, however like I said if Sammy offers smiliar input lag, text calarity, its black levels will be an icing on the cake... If I can convince my better half I might buy Sammy and return the worst of the two... However I'm still waiting for feedback from guys like yourself, to see if it the hassle is worth while...

Thanks...
I received the replacement yesterday and quickly set it up, initially it looked really good and had no dead pixels, so i tested it's ability to display 4:4:4 correctly in the movie mode i had it in, and it failed badly. i then renamed the input from hdmi/dvi to PC/DVI and it passed 4:4:4 beautifully as shown here:

While this set has no dead pixels, no discernable input lag, playing games on the PC, it does have weird issues going on with the screen. The first pic is of me doing a test in illustrator CS3 with a slightly darker grey tone and the backlight set to 20, and well i'll let the pic speak for itself:

Then i tried it with the backlight set to 12

and here is a pic of a pure white screen, notice the tinge in the middle of the screen, it's easier to notice in the grey shots, but you can still see it here too

I am very disappointed in Samsung with this set, this one is definitely going back, the only thing is, how does the LG 32LK450 handle text, because that is prolly going to be my next try :/

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's an odd question about the LN32D550 that hopefully one of you can help me with.

Specifically, I need to know about the timer and whether or not you can specify the input to use when the set is turned on via the timer.

Basically, if my satellite receiver is plugged into HDMI1, is it possible to have the on/wake-up timer turn the set on with HDMI1 set as the active input? I tried to look it up in the manual, but I couldn't find anything definitive. Hopefully one of you can give it a shot a let me know for sure.

thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Looks like this is the lowest model in Samsung's 2011 lineup that have 1080. I am debating if I should just go for the LN32D450 for 720 or the 1080. I have a viewing distance of ~ 3'.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm trying to understand the analog audio output on the LN32D550. I downloaded the manuals but they offer no help in that regard. They tell you how to turn off the integral speakers, but only "buy separately" for the cable.

It appears the audio out requires a single male connector. Is this a TRS jack? They didn't have room for regular RCA jacks?

Sure ain't buying it to find it outputs monaural.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo /forum/post/20561359

Does anyone know if the UN32D5500 is back-lit or edge-lit?

Thanks

Since 2009, all Samsung LED-LCDs are edge-lit. The B8500 was the last full-array LED-LCD made by Samsung.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts
What firmware version does everyone have with their LN32D550? Mine came with 1014 and no updates are currently on the network server or on the Samsung website.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What would be the best way to hook this up to my laptop? My laptop only has an DVI port. Do I use a DVI/HDM! adapter or an DVI/HDMI cable?

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
An HDMI-to-DVI cable will be less stressful on the connector (on either the TV or the laptop) than if you use an adapter.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisW6ATV /forum/post/20657242

An HDMI-to-DVI cable will be less stressful on the connector (on either the TV or the laptop) than if you use an adapter.

That is what I was thinking.. Thanks for the help !!!!!

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/20651686

What firmware version does everyone have with their LN32D550? Mine came with 1014 and no updates are currently on the network server or on the Samsung website.

Anyone? I'm curious to see what other 32" owners have. Go to the Support Menu and select Contact Samsung to see the version number.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a question about the analog audio out jack in the back. I assume that is it a 3.5mm stereo jack, but does the D550 give you a choice between fixed or variable.. or is it just fixed??

Oddly, nothing that I have found on this unit mention that it has an analog audio out jack, only in a pic on a review did I see it and that this thread has mentioned it, as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbo /forum/post/20678904

I have a question about the analog audio out jack in the back. I assume that is it a 3.5mm stereo jack, but does the D550 give you a choice between fixed or variable.. or is it just fixed??

Oddly, nothing that I have found on this unit mention that it has an analog audio out jack, only in a pic on a review did I see it and that this thread has mentioned it, as well.

Thanks.

My 32" model has both a 3.5 mm stereo audio out and the digital optical out on the back panel. Are you referring to volume in regards to fixed and variable?

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U /forum/post/20682480

My 32" model has both a 3.5 mm stereo audio out and the digital optical out on the back panel. Are you referring to volume in regards to fixed and variable?

Yessiree! The analog audio jack is becoming a dinosaur, and variable output seems to be even more rare. Thanks

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbo /forum/post/20682521

Yessiree! The analog audio jack is becoming a dinosaur, and variable output seems to be even more rare. Thanks

When I set the TV to external speaker the volume control becomes "not available" so that means it's fixed output. You would have to be able to control volume externally.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts
How many people have vertical banding on their 32" D550? I have some which is only visible on dark to mid gray full field patterns or the like. It doesn't show on a black screen or bright screen though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am having trouble hooking up my ty to my computer. Ihave older dell xps laptop with ati 9800 v/d card. I have a dvi to hdmi cable I put the hdmi into the 1(DVI) slot then I hit fn f8 then tried lable the pc to hdmi and nothing . What am I doing wrong.

·
Registered
12,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mach1 /forum/post/20732073

I am having trouble hooking up my ty to my computer. Ihave older dell xps laptop with ati 9800 v/d card. I have a dvi to hdmi cable I put the hdmi into the 1(DVI) slot then I hit fn f8 then tried lable the pc to hdmi and nothing . What am I doing wrong.

Did you set the resolution to 1920 by 1080, 60Hz? Also, the label should be "DVI PC."

Also, make sure the TV is set to the "HDMI1/DVI" input (not "PC" input which is the VGA connection).

41 - 60 of 155 Posts