AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Samsung LN37A550 that I've had for about 18 months. Recently, it has been having an issue where occasionally the picture the flicker (dimming and then brightening quickly, not shutting off completely) for a brief amount of time before the display just goes completely black (no backlight) as if it is not receiving any power. The audio channels remain functional, and this happens on all inputs.

Turning the unit off and back on sometimes solves this problem for a few days, other times for afew minutes. I saw on one site that this was related to the LVDS cable, but was unable to find information on how to open the set up to get to that and give it a shot.

Does it sound like an issue with the LVDS cable, or something different?

Can anyone here help me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Tried to search for a solution to this both through google and the forums, but wasn't able to find anything descriptive.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it's not just that there's no backlight, but no picture/color of any sort at all, but sound remains. How do I check the power caps? Is there a service manual available somewhere that may be able to help me know what I'm looking for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.