AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if my tv has problems or not, so maybe someone here could help me out.

I bought the tv on Dec 28 and for a week while watching regular cable tv, there hasn't been any problem. Now on Jan 5, I've noticed when watching cable tv, there's like this "bump/thump" noise. Sounds as if you were to turn off and on your computer speakers type of noise coming from the tv speakers. It's very distinct and not very loud, but noticeable.

Is this normal? Is it the signal I'm receiving from my cable? I've had a lcd tv before and never had this type of issue.

This noise may not occur for a few hrs, then it will occur. Sometimes this noise occurs every 2-3 minutes 1 or 2 times an hour or not at all.

I haven't used my ps3 with it yet, but maybe it's the source, so in this case cable tv?

Can anyone help me out please? I would really appreciate it.

I could return it, but it's hassle for me. If this is normal, or what's expected then I'm okay with it. But I'd hate to have a defective unit.

Thank you

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well, first thing first. The 500 was a release for Black Friday so an exchange will be very difficult, if not impossible. A return would suck cus you can't find a 40 inch that nice for that low either. My friend who has been in the business for over 2 years now says that he really thinks it is electrical interference and you may have to call Samsung because you are OBVIOUSLY still under their one year warranty. Call very soon, because you should be able to get parts and service included.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I get an electrical interference? Also, I have those expensive monster surge protectors and I have my computer and tv hooked up at the same time. Could that cause a problem? I have a cable source splitted to 3 tvs could that be a problem too?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts