AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from work and turned on the TV (40A550P3F) and I have sound coming through but no picture. I can see the backlight on bleeding through a bit... but no picture. I have tried changing inputs, successfully, but still no picture. Tried turning on the menu. And I know it worked because I turned the TV speaker on by memory. ( It had been turned off, with optical out to the reciever). Everything is working, just no actual image. I called Samsung, they said that a servicer will call me monday.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Try unplugging the tv for 30 minutes and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just trashed my 40" Samsung with the same problem. I ordered the T-Con board and Inverter. Still no go. Then i ordered the power board, and that did the trick. Although....I cracked my LCD screen when I took it apart to check for burnt out tubes. There is 16 of them in my LN-T4042H. It was out of warranty by 3 months. It's a big issue. Just google samsung no picture. And Samsung is no help either. Out of warrany. Too bad so sad. If it is out of warranty. Replace the power board from ShopJimmy.com.

Shine a bright flashlight at the tv. If you see the picture. Your LCD panel will be working. The backlights are not getting any power.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts