AVS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoram /forum/post/20943518

What is the tab bond problem?

The flat cable connection(s) to the edge of the panel.

When it's happening, use both hands and use your palms to press firmly along the edges of the TV, if this has effect on the picture, then u have the above problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My LN-T5271F is doing the exact same thing...

F**K Samsung. $3300, decided to go for an expensive fancy model (at the time) intentionally with a lot of research.

I had to have the panel replaced once month after buying it, a huge area of dying pixels started. Then the Samsung tech required my time to help out with the repair. Cheesy.

Now this problem. I am going to get them on the line as suggested here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Man I love AVS, I did exactly what the first poster said... and as he mentioned, they've had so many problems with these sets that you get one free out of warranty repair (that was also how the Samsung customer service agent just described to me).

When he said, "So you are having an issue with it powering on"

(I am not, just scrambled image issues)

I said, "yeah, trouble with the image coming up"

Just have to call them out on it. He originally tried to deflect my inquiry saying my first repair was the one time free repair, to which I corrected him, that repair was 2 months after I bought it, under warranty.

Still not going to buy another Sammy.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well the first Samsung agent that said Samsung would cover the repair out of warranty did not document his promise in the service ticket he opened for me. So the local repair partner won't move on it. I was even careful to discuss scope with this agent to make sure I wasn't going to be left high and dry on some technicality like my TV is mounted towards the west therefore the repair won't be covered.

I call Samsung back, not the same person of course, and this new person doesn't have record of who the first agent was, and he didn't write anything in the ticket, so the second agent can't speak to the promises made.

Man, sometimes its amazing how much humans have achieved, other times it seems amazing to me that we even have spoons.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmschleich /forum/post/20945182

Man I love AVS, I did exactly what the first poster said... and as he mentioned, they've had so many problems with these sets that you get one free out of warranty repair (that was also how the Samsung customer service agent just described to me).

When he said, "So you are having an issue with it powering on"

(I am not, just scrambled image issues)

I said, "yeah, trouble with the image coming up"

Just have to call them out on it. He originally tried to deflect my inquiry saying my first repair was the one time free repair, to which I corrected him, that repair was 2 months after I bought it, under warranty.

Still not going to buy another Sammy.

Good luck.... as stated above, the problem may be related to TAB's.... that is an expensive repair; just be persistent and you may end up with the new set!

Boky

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks all for the help!!

Last night I confirmed it was the tabs. Pressed a corner and the TV is working perfectly now.

I'll try a repair/bandaid solution later on.

The TV just hit 2 years old. I'm wondering if to bug Samsung about this.

Considering all I've read about Samsung now, next TV is definitely going to be a different brand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG3 /forum/post/20943708

I use the soft pliable material that I find on heat-sinks. Not sure what it is called. LG sometimes calls it "chocolate". I'm sure there are numerous substances that would work. Time for someone with more experience in this procedure to chime in.

Good luck Majoram!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb /forum/post/20944824

The flat cable connection(s) to the edge of the panel.

When it's happening, use both hands and use your palms to press firmly along the edges of the TV, if this has effect on the picture, then u have the above problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Boky /forum/post/20947462

Good luck.... as stated above, the problem may be related to TAB's.... that is an expensive repair; just be persistent and you may end up with the new set!

Boky

·
Registered
218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoram /forum/post/20948095

The TV just hit 2 years old. I'm wondering if to bug Samsung about this.

Considering all I've read about Samsung now, next TV is definitely going to be a different brand.

In Samsung's defense, when you own 17% of the world market share of televisions, there's going to be a lot more reports of problems than other brands.

(Citation: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-10454971-260.html )

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedMaster /forum/post/20951621

In Samsung's defense, when you own 17% of the world market share of televisions, there's going to be a lot more reports of problems than other brands.

No need to defend any one brand. Pick a brand, any brand, and you will see complaints about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG3  /t/1357122/samsung-ln40a750-dying-is-it-fixable#post_20943615

Cover on so you don't accidentally electrocute yourself from high voltage to the back-lights! A tab bond is a panel ribbon cable connection within the frame of the panel. There are some posts on here about some people having some success in correcting the problem at least temporarily. But the fix is only a band-aid type repair. It involves partially disassembling the panel and placing a cushion over the affected tab bond. Try searching for some Sony LCD posts by OnlyTono. Perhaps some other members here have some other ideas, resources, or links.

Start here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1173106

Just wanted to update/resolve this old thread.

The problem reached a point where the screen was so dark, you could barely see anything.

Only with cartoons you could see most of the picture.

We lived with it for a while but now it was no better off than getting TV on the radio

So I finally bit the bullet and did the fix in the thread above.

The picture is absolutely perfect now

I used the same "bumpers" from HomeDepot that they mention in the thread.

Thanks for Nothing though because now I don't have any excuse to get a new TV!!!

Just kidding

Thanks for all the Help!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts