AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Samsung LN40B630 from frys for my bro for $688 before tax, is there a way to enable Dnla on the tv to stream vids off the network?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The 630 series does not allow for DLNA streaming. You would need to step up to the 650 series. I doubt there is any workaround to get it working on the 630.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Actually, that's not quite right. Do a search in the LNXXB630 owner's thread and you will see that lots of folks with B630's have enabled DLNA. It simply involves going into the service menu and changing the setting from "off" to "on." Literally that simple, and the owner's thread contains a precise step-by-step set of instructions for those who are justifiably nervous about going into the service menu. The one other possible glitch is that if you have the newest firmware, you may have to revert to an older version, but that also is not a big deal. My DLNA is still a little buggy, sometimes dropping out when watching movie-length videos, but I attribute that primarily to router issues - many others have DLNA on their B630s working perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts