AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some advise as to what other 640 users have their sets calibrated at. I have searched through the forums and found settings for the 650 but I was not sure if these settings would be the same for the 640 considering the contrast ratio difference.

I have the Bluray Video Essentials and still was not quite pleased with the results.I realize that every set and living condition is different but sometimes somebody Else's settings end up working out great.

Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess we are the only ones with this set.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott5626 /forum/post/17038148

I guess we are the only ones with this set.

add another one to that list. Im interested in the same. I figured that id just use the 650 specs... I think the 640 is the same panel, just advertising a lower dynamic ratio. Has anyone tried the 650 specs yet to see if its an improvment?

Red

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Why don't you guys just go to the B650 calibration thread and see if you can find some settings you like there? The B640 is basically the same TV at the B650 except that it's sold at Best Buy only in the USA and is also available in Canada. The main difference is the bezel and a slightly lower contrast ratio (100,000:1 vs 80,000:1) that the original poster mentioned.

I don't think people are intentionally ignoring you guys, but it's just that nobody has started a calibration thread exclusive to the B640 yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried the 650 settings,they are an improvement from what I started with...but something still isn't right...this set is difficult to set because like the 650 it has so many settings...but some of the settings are different, I found in one circumstance that Black level was set to Low for the 650 user but grayed out and unchangeable on my tv.

Using a tweaked version of this 650 users settings:

Mode: Standard

Backlight: 4

Contrast: 95

Brightness: 42

Sharpness: 40

Tint (G/R) 50/50

Black Tone: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Gamma: +2

Color Space: Native

White Balance: R-offset 25, G-Offset 20, B-Offset 17, R-Gain 28, G-Gain 25, B-Gain 25.

Flesh Tone: 0

Edge Enhancement: Off

Color Tone: Normal

Size: Screen Fit

Digital NR: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low

Auto Motion Plus 120hz: Custom 10/2

(Game Mode Off)

·
Registered
32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott5626 /forum/post/17041696

I tried the 650 settings,they are an improvement from what I started with...but something still isn't right...this set is difficult to set because like the 650 it has so many settings...but some of the settings are different, I found in one circumstance that Black level was set to Low for the 650 user but grayed out and unchangeable on my tv.

Using a tweaked version of this 650 users settings:

Mode: Standard

Backlight: 4

Contrast: 95

Brightness: 42

Sharpness: 40

Tint (G/R) 50/50

Black Tone: Off

Dynamic Contrast: Off

Gamma: +2

Color Space: Native

White Balance: R-offset 25, G-Offset 20, B-Offset 17, R-Gain 28, G-Gain 25, B-Gain 25.

Flesh Tone: 0

Edge Enhancement: Off

Color Tone: Normal

Size: Screen Fit

Digital NR: Off

HDMI Black Level: Low

Auto Motion Plus 120hz: Custom 10/2

(Game Mode Off)

Scott- have you tested this with PS3/Xbox? Taking off game mode for me creates too much input lag.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Input lag? I usually put in game mode when I play PS3 games.

Edit: I looked up input lag...I don't play a lot of games so I wouldn't notice this much.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
does this set have some sort of advanded iris? My old sony had that and when something bright comes on the screen, it would dim. Very annoying, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts