AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So im having alot of dificulty hooking up all my components.

Here is what im working with;

(TV) LCD Samsung LN46A530

(Reciver) Samsung avr720

(Cable Box) Rogers explorer 8300HD

Xbox 360 with HDMI

PS3

and the impact 5 port hdmi switch from tiger dierct to tie it all together.

Problems:

When I hook the ps3 and xbox up via the switch/splitter (leaving the cable box hooked direct to the reciver) the ps3 wont output 1080p. it looks fuzzy and clips out.

So I hook the ps3 up directly to the dvd port and try to run the xbox and cable box via the switch/spliter I get a DVI error from my tv saying somthing like"the tv does not suport hdcp" and it tells me to hook up everyting with component cabels which i dont want to do.

So with all that said here are my quetions.

How can I hook up my ps3 via the switch/splitter toi out put 1080p?

or

How can I enable hdcp on my television.

Note:

All my cables are 1.3 or at least thats what the said on the packaging.

Thank you for any and all help.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
There was another poster with the same problem a few days ago - I think the issue is with the switcher. For some reason the PS3 doesn't like some equipment between it and the TV. I don't believe you can change HDCP - it's always there but some equipment just has issues during the HDMI handshake and won't sync up properly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Issue resolved. I switched out the cables that I was using to hook up the ps3. Also when switching between signals on the switch I found out that powering everything down, switching singnals, and powering everything up works well, seems to be some issues with the relay of 2 1080p singals hitting the switcher.

Thanks for the pointer thow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.