AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took the plunge on getting a new TV, but I'm not getting anywhere near the quality of picture I expected either in Standard or HD channels (plus old school DVD player).

I'm seeing a slight ghost image (offset to the right) on the picture. It is most obvious on the edges on the "Info screens" put up by the cable box. HD is pretty good on most channels, but I will see the ghosting too.

I just got a HD receiver from the cable company and am using the supplied component A/V cables (box doesn't havd HDMI output). I did a little trouble shooting and had similar picture quality (SD) when I ran the Co-axial cable directly from the wall to the TV. Also, I've checked all connections are secure and don't notice any changes in the images when I wiggle/move the cables around on the back.

Note: TV is set-up on a stand with the cable box beneath.

Also, more minor issue is a blue pixle.

Is my TV a dud, or do I have something set-up wrong?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
I have a Samsung 46A650 and it was (and has been) perfect from day one. It's now about seven moths old and I haven't had any problems. I really can't comment on your set-up since you didn't say what kind of cable service you use. However, if you have a faulty pixel on a brand-new TV, I think that would be grounds for returning it, especially if you bought it locally. Hopefully some others on this forum will be able to help. Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.