AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to purchase a 46 inch A950 online or a C750 on black friday. I am aware that the A950 is not a current model but was extremely impressed with the picture quality.

Does anyone have any specific experience or knowledge about these 2 models? I'm also aware of the 120hz vs 240hz spec differences, the primary usage will be for gaming and blu ray viewing. When I game, I'm typically 3 feet or so away from the television. Films about 8. Also, the everyday price for the Samsung LN46C650 model is about a thousand as well. I'm primarily interested in these sets but if you have a comparable model you'd like to suggest, I'd be open to it.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
I have an A950 and am familiar with the 750. The A950 is a true local dimming LCD while the 750 is edge lit. IMO, the A950 is one of the finest TVs ever made and I have had Pioneer Elites, Sony reference standard CRTs, other samsungs etc. It's tough to match the black levels and shadow detail of a local dimming LCD. Mine is two years old and I'm still blown away by the picture quality. The only other set I would prefer is the Samsung 8500 which was also a local dimming LCD.

The only issue with the A950 (like many LCDs) is off center viewing. It's best viewed directly on center. If you get more than 20 degrees off center you will lose picture quality

1 - 4 of 4 Posts