AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have the LN47B750 and got it for $1799.99. Best buy currently has the LG LH90 47" for $1799.99 as well. When I looked at CNET reviews for strictly LCD tv's they ranked the LG as 2nd and the samsung as 3rd. But I wanted some opinions from people that have seen both sets up close or have some opinions on what I should do. I am very happy with the B750 but if that LH90 is indeed better and its an even exchange would it be better for me to exchange it? Especially considering the fact that the LG is LED. I have to decide today so any input would be appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopez12 /forum/post/16848895

Right now I have the LN47B750 and got it for $1799.99. Best buy currently has the LG LH90 47" for $1799.99 as well. When I looked at CNET reviews for strictly LCD tv's they ranked the LG as 2nd and the samsung as 3rd. But I wanted some opinions from people that have seen both sets up close or have some opinions on what I should do. I am very happy with the B750 but if that LH90 is indeed better and its an even exchange would it be better for me to exchange it? Especially considering the fact that the LG is LED. I have to decide today so any input would be appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

Tough call ! If the claims are correct the LED LD LG will use a little less energy but be hardly noticed money-wise, also the LED will presumably have a longer backlit life versus the CCFL fluoresecent tubes in the B750.

BUT remember the LG has a matte screen and if your already accustomed to the glossy ultra clear panel of the B750 you may not like the LG. The LG will not give you the depth you see now nor will you see any of the soap opera effects you may slightly like with the B750.

Send a personal pm to 5150Joker since he owned the B750 and has actually seen and performed a sidexside comparison of these sets.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/priva...ewpm&u=7624011

Regards & Good Luck !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.