AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling I am having an IR interference issues between my new Samsung LN46B750U1F and my DirecTV HR22-100 receiver.

I programmed the DirecTV remote to control the TV, and it would work just fine in the beginning. I woke up this morning, was able to turn on the TV using the DirecTV remote, but now none of the DirecTV menus would work.

I've tried replacing the batteries, but that didn't work. So I walked up close to the DirecTV receiver and pointed the remote right directly at the IR RECEIVER and it works great.

Any idea how to remedy this?

TIA.

·
Registered
176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixx /forum/post/18143444

No one?

I found out my HR20-100 remote can do RF, so I configured it and it's working great.

Does anyone know of other alternatives?

I had the same issue with my Samsung 52B750 and HR20 directv receiver, a solution to this problem was to get masking tape and I used a black sharpie to color it black and then covered all the IR on all my devices(including the HR20) and that seemed to resolve my non responding remote issues. I didn't want the masking tape color on my devices so that was the reason behind coloring it black with a sharpie. After searching around on google CCFL LCD TV's emit a IR from the screen which seems to be an issue with most brands of LCD TV's. Hope this fixes your issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.