AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!

I'm new here. I recently got LN46C650 TV and discovered some problem during initial setup. Below is my email to Samsung support. I was wondering if anyone else experienced something like that and have some suggestions?

Quote:
. During initial set up on the memorizing the channel screen I noticed that the brightness of the screen fluctuated up and down rhythmically every 2 or 3 seconds. I noticed it also later during regular TV programming, on Media play screen and also during playing some AVI files. Since it happens on maintenance screens and or program viewing screens it's not related to the signal strength or anything programming specific.

After a while I noticed that the frequency went down - to about every 10-15 seconds but was still noticeable. It also does that on static screens like media player screen where nothing changes on the screen so none of the dynamic adjustment features should affect it. Eco sensor is off as well.

Changing brightness/backlight made it less noticeable but didn't get rid of it completely. Test picture seems to be displaying fine, however the brightness and the colors are very high on it and I think it's just not noticeable.

I would like to know if there anything else I could try before submitting a service ticket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought the Ln46C650 and am facing the same issue related to the brightness fluctuation. Is there any remedy for this or should i simply return the set. I have bought it from AMAZON and is under the 30 day return window.

any help is appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts