AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since coming over from my Pioneer PDP5070 I am really enjoying the LCD panels. I recently bought a Sammy 630 and noticed that the 750 is on sale for couple hundred dollars more. I am very pleased with the 630 with SD and HD and Bluray looks amazing. Only question is the 750 really that much better and I should def upgrade to the 7 Series? My family room is kinda bright but is there a huge difference with reflections? Have 2 big windows at the side but if PQ of the 750 is much better and has many more features i should return the 630 for the 750? Would like to know what others say. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
It all depends on your preference and what you want to sacrifice. I was going back and fourth between the 2 awhile ago (actually ended up with a 58PZ850 plasma haha). Though I didn't get either of the 2 LCDs, I was pretty set on the 750 after reading through the entire 630 thread. But again, it all depends on what you want. I was ready to deal with daytime reflections knowing that most of my "good" tv watching was at night. It also worried me that people were still unclear whether the 630 was a 550 with 120hz or 650 with semi-matte screen. Try reading through the 630 thread - many people have experience with both and they can enlighten you better than I can!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got the 750 and was going back and forth between that and the Sammy 650. I got the 750 because H.H. Gregg's price matched Amazon and they had the 52" 750 for about $100 bucks cheaper than the 650 right before Christmas! That only lasted a wk or so though. I'm sure the 630 is great and I am not sure that the PQ on the 750 would really be worth trading up.

As far as the extra content goes, it's really just some cool looking "wallpaper" like scenes and some cooking recipes and "games" for young kids. I am loving the 750 though and play 360 and PS3 and Blu-Rays on it! I have not had any of the screen/glare problems that others have reported about their panels.

Hope this helps!

BTW here's an AVS link to the 750 page that tells what the extra features are that should help you:

http://http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1025681&highlight=samsung+ln52a750+lcd[/url ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.