AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks -

I've been looking to purchase a LCD for a "TV/hang-out room". Based on feedback on this forum, reviews, pricing going down and the TV styling I was set to buy the LN52B750 - it seemed to be a performer that I'd use for a long time and it fell in my price range.

I now have an chance to buy the UN55B6000 for about the same price (it's actually $50 less) but I'm not certain how long the price will stay this low and the store will likely jack up the price again...so need to make a decision.

My question: Given that the prices are about the same, is this a "no-brainer" to go with the 6000? The TV room isn't too big, but I don't thinkg going from 52" to 55" is going to be too big? Any comparison feedback to help me make a decision on these two sets would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks All.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamE55 /forum/post/16960543

Go with the 55" and don't look back.

Until you have to return it for dark corners, excessive flashlighting, excessive clouding etc.

I'd say play it safer and go with the B750, personally... Neither TV is perfect, but the B750 seems to be closer to it than the B6000.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup agreed, I know neither is perfect, and I have read about the issues noted above. I guess what I'm struggling with is the fact that I can get them at essentially the same price at a B&M...typically the 6000 cost more, and would make decision so much easier to just get the B750. But I suppose at the end of the day it's about the best value/performing and not totally about the greater discount of the two...

...keep the feedback coming!!!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
sounds like people aren't going to be sitting straight on in the sweet spot, so you might want to take viewing angle differences in to account in your research

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks...in terms of viewing angle I didn't realize there was that much different between the models. I have a Plasma (Pioneer) and don't expect the LCD to be better in terms of viewing angles, but it's actually not a priority in this case...but something I did consider....

It seems the B750 dropped in price...I think that just helped me make up my mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts