AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Samsung LN52B750 today, when the salesman turned the same model on at the store, there were no lights on down where you touch the buttons to turn it on, when he turned it off there were no little red lights on, when I turn mine off at home there is a little red signal light still on down on the right side where you turn it on. can I get the tv so the light goes off when I turn the tv off.

thanks

Chet

·
Registered
4,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetc /forum/post/16950431

I just purchased a new Samsung LN52B750 today, when the salesman turned the same model on at the store, there were no lights on down where you touch the buttons to turn it on, when he turned it off there were no little red lights on, when I turn mine off at home there is a little red signal light still on down on the right side where you turn it on. can I get the tv so the light goes off when I turn the tv off.

thanks

Chet

You must be mis-remembering. That red light is always there when the TV is off. It's the standby light. There is a white light in the middle that you can turn off in the settings menu. The red light cannot be disabled.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG /forum/post/16950993

You must be mis-remembering. That red light is always there when the TV is off. It's the standby light. There is a white light in the middle that you can turn off in the settings menu. The red light cannot be disabled.

Thank you William G, I guess my old mind is failing me, we watched Transformers tonight with a regular DVD palyer, I have an OPPO 980H coming and a HDMI cable, I am now using S-Video, hope the OPPO makes a difference with the HDMI cable, If I might ask did you leave all your default settings as is or did you make adjustments

thanks again

Chet

·
Registered
4,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetc /forum/post/16951395

Thank you William G, I guess my old mind is failing me, we watched Transformers tonight with a regular DVD palyer, I have an OPPO 980H coming and a HDMI cable, I am now using S-Video, hope the OPPO makes a difference with the HDMI cable, If I might ask did you leave all your default settings as is or did you make adjustments

thanks again

Chet

S-Video to HDMI is a huge difference, though not as big as watching Transformers on Blu-ray with HD picture and audio. I suggest a splurging will be necessary for complete awesomeness.

I would recommend switching to Movie picture mode as a start, and dialing back the brightness. Picture settings are fairly subjective, though there is a B750 calibration thread on the first page of the forums here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The red stand by light will always be on...

But you can get it to turn off ; )

I carry a surge protector in my store for $99. It has 8 outlets, 4 on each side. Lets say you have your TV, Blu-Ray player, Subwoofer, and receiver plugged into one side. Even when those four components are turned off they drain electricity while idling. The Surge protector will cut off the electricity going to those components when they are turned off. This is not only "green friendly" but saves you a considerable amount on your electricity bill.

When the TV turns off, the Surge shuts down the power to as if it wasn't plugged into anything at all. That is how you can make your red light go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.