AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a samsung lnt2653H I use as a monitor. I was previously using a matrix switch to feed it and my projector.

Now I wanted to use a splitter. If I use a resolution like 720 it works, if i go to 1360X768 I get not supported mode! The projector at the same time shows the desktop like it should. I also have a plasma setup now, also works. Its only this lnt2653H that wont allow that resolution with the splitter. With my matrix switch it worked fine!

Can anyone help. I also tried two different splitters.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Are you sure your montor will accept 1360 or 1366x768 over the interface you are using? Many 1366x768 HDTVs will only accept ATSC resolutions such as 720p or 1080i over HDMI/DVI or component.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The HDMI/DVI interface is a handshaking interface and can only work with one display fully connnected at a time. That is why it worked with your switch and will not work with a simple splitter.

You need an HDMI distriution unit instead if you don't want to use your switch.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what I have, I also use the same one to drive my plasma/projector combo, both can be used at the same time.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=150263128310

Both can display the computer signal at the same time. It just does not make sense, its like once I insert the splitter, 1360X768 all of a sudden becomes unsupported just on my monitor, projector and plasma work fine with the splitter at that resolution. However it will accept 720.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts