AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new Samsung LNT4669 from Amazon. After unpacking it and hooking it up I started having a problem with the screen going black. I still get audio, but no picture. I'll get a picture for anywhere from 2 mins to 20, but it always eventually goes blank. I can turn it off and back on and the picture comes back, but eventually goes blank again. Anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Time to exchange that TV while you still have time. Second choice: have it repaired in place.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Sounds like a power supply flaw. Check your manual to see if the panel has any reset buttons like Sharp has that may reset to factory settings.

If you have a power supply issue you may need to get a service tech out on it through Samsung Support or do a return with Amazon.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelku /forum/post/12983206

I just got a new Samsung LNT4669 from Amazon. After unpacking it and hooking it up I started having a problem with the screen going black. I still get audio, but no picture. I'll get a picture for anywhere from 2 mins to 20, but it always eventually goes blank. I can turn it off and back on and the picture comes back, but eventually goes blank again. Anyone have any advice?

Hello Michaelku:

I got the same fail, mine is LNT4071F and the screen goes dark because the backlite flicks and stay obscure after 20 or 30 minutes, it goes back normal when TV is turned off 2 hours and then turned on again...

Please let me knok if amazon.com gives you a solution, i bougth them too, but i move my tv to Peru before i open it, and here when i used it for first time see this trouble.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got the LNT4661F from Amazon. After about 5 minutes of use, the screen went completely black - no picture, no menus, nothing. I'd turn it off and on and it would work for another 5 minutes. But after that, it remained black permanently.

I called Amazon the next day. They recommended contacting Samsung first. I contacted Samsung and they told me to contact a local repair Samsung repair shop. When contacting the repair shop, I asked if it could be fixed in one house visit. He indicated it probably would take several. That's was unacceptable for me since I have to work, so I contacted Amazon again. Amazon shipped out a new machine immediately. Total turnaround time for the replacement was 1 week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts