AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -this is a bit of longshot but here goes. I have a Samsung LNT5271FX/XAA LCD TV. When you power up - the power cycles on & off for almost a minute before it stays on. This happened before while it was still under warranty, the problem also gets progresssively worse. Since this is the second time it happened to me - maybe it's a relatively common problem one of you have repaired on yours. I saw the (warranty) technician put in a whole new modular component - he pretty knew exactly which piece it would be, and the installation was a snap (literally!) - sadly I didn't take note at the time of the failed part #. Would any of you possibly know the exact part # I'd need for this? The out of warranty service calls are absolutely outrageous in price & I'd like to avoid that if possible. Thank you! D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Part number of the IP board (power supply) is BN44-00184A Get it here for $90. If you know how to solder you could possibly fix it for $10.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Unplug the Tv. Remove the back cover. Inspect the power supply board for capacitors with bulging tops. Replace the bad capacitors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts