AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went ahead and purchased a Samsung 46a550, but I'm not satisfied with the panel, particularly the viewing angles. I know that LCDs aren't perfect in this domain, but the colors wash out and the contrast is horrible at even tame angles away from dead center (vertically or horizontally). My panel is an "A" panel, and I saw this in another thread:

".. panel code is evidently "A" for AUO, "C" for CMO, and "S" for Samsung."

Did Samsung do the same thing again with these LCD TVs as they infamously did with the 226bw LCD Monitor? If they did, that's horrible: use the panels that they themselves make initially and for all of the reviews, and then start shipping outsourced (and lower quality) panels when they ramp up.

I'm more than likely going to return the TV to CC and go the plasma route (maybe Panasonic 46PZ85U), since even if this is just a shotty panel, I'm finding that the viewing angles annoy the hell out of me and other LCDs are likely to be similar.

Still, I was wondering if anyone else had some viewing angle issues with this model, and what panel you may have.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
9,590 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumblineman /forum/post/14344258

I went ahead and purchased a Samsung 46a550, but I'm not satisfied with the panel, particularly the viewing angles. I know that LCDs aren't perfect in this domain, but the colors wash out and the contrast is horrible at even tame angles away from dead center (vertically or horizontally). My panel is an "A" panel, and I saw this in another thread:

".. panel code is evidently "A" for AUO, "C" for CMO, and "S" for Samsung."

Did Samsung do the same thing again with these LCD TVs as they infamously did with the 226bw LCD Monitor? If they did, that's horrible: use the panels that they themselves make initially and for all of the reviews, and then start shipping outsourced (and lower quality) panels when they ramp up.

I'm more than likely going to return the TV to CC and go the plasma route (maybe Panasonic 46PZ85U), since even if this is just a shotty panel, I'm finding that the viewing angles annoy the hell out of me and other LCDs are likely to be similar.

Still, I was wondering if anyone else had some viewing angle issues with this model, and what panel you may have.

Thanks,

John

This seems to be pretty common with Samsung, they did it last year with the 65 series as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts