AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha Everybody!

I just got my Samsung LN52A750 and I love it! I was disappointed to see that the TV plays so few formats, as I have a ton of video on my computer. So I read here and there and decided to give TVersity a shot. I was easy to setup but now I am running into another problem. I can stream pictures and music to the tv without any problems, but it fails on every single video I throw at it. I am pretty positive that I need to edit the profiles.xml file for TVersity, but wanted to see if anyone knows what to edit, or if anyone has had success in doing so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also been able to setup tversity, same problem, cant play any movies from pc. I believe it has to do with transcoding. Has anyone been alble to get this tversity to work??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any updates on this one? I have the exact same TV, and I connect the PC to the TV via a router. I see the shared music/picture/video files on the TV display, but I haven't been able to play anything at all (mp3/jpg/avi) - it gives errors about file format not supported. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the same problem. The TV wouldn't play anything and always say file format not supported. Yet it worked when playing with an USB drive. By the way, I am using Vista. Has anyone be able to get it to play anything with Vista?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Issue is called by an oddity in the Samsung's DLNA request HEAD.

I have a URL, but I have to post three times before I can paste it in.

So.. go to the TVersity forums or Google "The TVersity Server doesn't appear to recognize that header" quotes and all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
"...the Samsung DNLA implementation is submitting a HEAD request prior to attempting to load the content. In the HEAD request it also adds the header: getcontentFeatures.dlna.org: 1

The TVersity Server doesn't appear to recognize that header and although fulfills the head request, it doesn't return any data regading the content features.

Here is a copy of the request from the TV and response from the server:

HEAD /geturl/bullet-rose.jpg.jpg%3ftype%3dimage%252fjpeg%26url%3dfile%253a%252f% 252fc%253a%252fdocuments%2band%2bsettings%252fzztroyzz%252fm y%2bdocuments%252fmy%2bpictures%252f%26title%3dBullet-rose%26ext%3d.jpg HTTP/1.0

getcontentFeatures.dlna.org: 1

Host: 192.168.1.101:41952

HTTP/1.0 200 OK

Content-Length: 19239

Content-Type: image/jpeg

Accept-Ranges: bytes

DATE: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 05:07:12 GMT

LAST-MODIFIED: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 05:07:12 GMT

Server: 5.1.2600 2/Service Pack 2, UPnP/1.0, TVersity Media Server

Connection: keep-alive

After this request, the TV reports: Not Supported File Format

No further HTTP Requests are sent for the content.

For comparison, here is the request to Samsung's DNLA Software (SAMSUNG PC Share Manager) and its response:

HEAD /I_C_0005_1228.JPEG_SM HTTP/1.0

getcontentFeatures.dlna.org: 1

Host: 192.168.1.101:53235

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Server: Samsung HTTP streaming server

Content-Type: image/jpeg

Content-Length: 19239

Cache-Control: no-cache

contentFeatures.dlna.org: DLNA.ORG_PN=JPEG_SM;DLNA.ORG_OP=00;DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FL AGS=00D00000000000000000000000000000

Subsequently, a GET request is sent for the content and it is returned and displayed on the TV."

·
Registered
1 Posts
...just to add one more tidbit to this puzzle. I tried Tversity with my 750 and am getting the same problem as everyone else... can see the folders and files, but video and photos all get an "unsupported media" error.

Tversity reports the 750 as a "generic DLNA 1.5" device. That's a separate category from "DLNA 1.0" device, so it is seeing something different about the 750 compared to older 1.0 devices.

Tversity has been acquired by PacketVideo. Among other things, they sell DLNA certified server software for embedded devices such as a NAS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping for some help with our new LN52A750. Plugged in my USB with some JPEGs, ran some quick trials, then added a bunch of images sized to 16:9 to the USB in some new folders (file structure Document/Pictures/xxxx). Snag: a bunch of the files originally on the USB but now deleted (using Vista/64) are still showing up when I use WiseLink to view the images. Does this system copy the images to its own flash memory and if so how can I delete them? Or, perhaps it's not reading and understanding the files are marked 'deleted' in the usb file directory? Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be appreciated. JB

·
Registered
1 Posts
If one of you got TVERSITY working with the 7 Series, can you please post anything you did different - and the TVERSITY version you have...

I have having a hard time getting my TV and computer talking to each other... Samsung's software works but is a piece of CR^P.

Any help is appreciated... I know a lot of people out there would like to know the answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I`m a pretty new user to DLNA stuff but I`ve managed to play movies on the Samsung LE40756 LCD TV. I`ve made only minor changes to the profiles.xml, because the Playstation 3 profile almost worked for all my videos.

A good start is to set the Device type to Playstation 3 and first use Video files which do not need transcoding, aka. they can be played from USB.

I played DivX, Xvid, H.264 720p, and also transcoding mkv(matroska) to MPEG2 (ac3 audio still failing - seams to be an codec issue... will work it out).

Only issue with video is that I can`t seek in HD video files, but it doesn`t work with the file on USB Stick eighter -> Samsung issue??? Seek in SD (DivX, Xvid) works as described in TV manual.

I have updated the firmware of the TV to the newest version too (10010 or something like that), but I did it before I started to play with TVersity so I can`t tell if it had some effect.

Currently I`m trying to access the Photos but it`s failing with "unrecognized file format" error. I have sniffed with wireshark and the issue on the top of this thread is 100% correct, the TV doesn`t do the GET request because of that missing header record from TVersity.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After many experimets with this pc manager I did find a solution ( hack) for networking drive. Very simple. Symbolic link! yes in Vista ( at least) we have symbolic link

mklink /D

And Bingo! Now adding this link as shared folder I got evertyhing from networking drive! (I have LN52A750)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts