AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the skinny on the difference between these two units from Samsung ? You can find the 405W info on Samsung's website, but I can't find anything on the 400T now. I might be mistaken, but I seem to believe that it used to be there, in the LCD monitor section, whereas the 405W was in the LCD TV section.

Basic specs seem to be the same for these units: 600:1 contrast, 500 cd/m2, 40" diagonal, 1280 x 768.

I think that the 400T only came out in January or so, now it disappeared!

Prices are everywhere between the two units. Has me confused.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
They are sold into different channels, AFAICT.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The LTM is a LCD TV that can also be used as a computer monitor. The 400T(and its varients) is sold as a LCD computer monitor. I dont think there is a TV tuner included in the 400T. BTW, the 403T (not the 400T) that I've seen pictures of has

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen the 400T advertised as having 12 - 16 mS response time, so I am not sure its any different for the models. Of course, I have seen two other sellers say its "0.22 mS" for the 400T, so not sure you can trust any of their info. The problem is that I can't find the unit, and its users manual, on the Samsung web site any more. I have sent Samsung an email and will see how ther support compares to that (which doesn't exist) from Sharp.

I have not looked at any 403T info yet.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plot thickens. When I did a web search for the 403T model, I mostly found European advertisements. I did later find a Putnam authored white paper for Samsung that states the 403T as having a different fabrication technology, but instead of the ConceptVBS mentioned
http://images.videosystems.com/files...latscreens.pdf

Again, a little info from Samsung on their web site would clear this up. I have a hard time accepting any numbers until that happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.